Barrie Colts 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HARVEYTIME

Jan 14, 2019
4th pick of the draft yay. Shane Wright is a lock to #1 . I'm thinking Flint will probably go with Clarke at #2 than Erie will probably go with McTavish or Lockhart at #3. So we should have a nice board of players to pick from starting with Lockhart/McTavish whoever doesnt go 2 or 3 and than Acuri/Pinelli/Othmann

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
4th pick of the draft yay. Shane Wright is a lock to #1 . I'm thinking Flint will probably go with Clarke at #2 than Erie will probably go with McTavish or Lockhart at #3. So we should have a nice board of players to pick from starting with Lockhart/McTavish whoever doesnt go 2 or 3 and than Acuri/Pinelli/Othmann

Othmann would be a perfect fit here I think.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
Any guesses if Jason Ford will be back as GM for the 2019-20 season?

I personally don't think he will.

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014
Ford sticking around. Someone coming in that he will have to report to.

Last edited:

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
Thanks OHLInsider! Nice to know. Seen less and less of him at the arena as the season went on......had a feeling his time was up.

On another note.......I expect an announcement soon about a possible 3 year extension for Hawerchuk.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Thanks OHLInsider! Nice to know. Seen less and less of him at the arena as the season went on......had a feeling his time was up.

On another note.......I expect an announcement soon about a possible 3 year extension for Hawerchuk.
I heard he looking for a home in North Bay

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
A Marty Williamson and Dale Hawerchuck combo is going to be lethal! Two great hockey minds, that have the potential to put together a very good hockey team! Marty was the head Coach of the Colts for4 years and had quite the run.
Exciting times in Colts country!

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
A Marty Williamson and Dale Hawerchuck combo is going to be lethal! Two great hockey minds, that have the potential to put together a very good hockey team! Marty was the head Coach of the Colts for4 years and had quite the run.
Exciting times in Colts country![/QUOTE
6 years as head coach*

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Exciting times in Colts country!

Good hire by the Colts

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Dale is staying, as is Ford.

Ford's fate is subject to review by Williamson.
Ford has had some questionable trades as a GM, but he has a speciality in scouting very good players and having the ability to get those players to commit to the team, especially import picks (Pekar, Svech, Lipanov, Nattinen, Nizhnikov). Big surprise for me was how he traded Tortoras rights to Kitchener and than not too long after that deal Ford somehow got Tortora to leave Boston college and report to the Colts.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Been thinking about the Williamson hire for a while. It almost feels like a hire to appease the fanbase without upsetting Ford or Hawerchuk. With that said, I do like that there is someone between Howie and Ford now and it should allow him more freedom to make moves and signings.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Hearing Dale Hawerchuck is signing a 3 year extension according to ohlinsiders on twitter

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
Heard the same thing on DH. Not sure what to think of the Williamson annoucement. Especially with the Ice Dogs sanctions which I believe were during MW tenure?
Ford had some excellant deals, some questionable trade deals, some terrible trade deals, as well as some very questionable drafts, and some no brainer drafts. Don't know enough to know whether this is all on him or ownership.

Also don't know what kind of relationship will develope between Ownership, management and coaching.

any comments on whether DH and MArty will get along??

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
With the draft coming up this Saturday, who is the better fit for the Colts? Connor Lockhart or Mason McTavish?

HDogg14

Dec 9, 2013
Ontario
Brandt Clarke.....I mean personally if he is available which he shockingly could very well be, then heads should roll if management passes on him. Just my opinion.

Reactions: dirty12

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Brandt Clarke.....I mean personally if he is available which he shockingly could very well be, then heads should roll if management passes on him. Just my opinion.

Colts did the right thing and picked the best player available, besides they got there centre in Ryan Del Monte with their 2nd round pick- I believe he is an NCAA commit for Harvard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad