Barrie Colts 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Great day for the Colts. Brandt Clarke will be a difference maker the moment he steps on the ice. Have a good feeling about Del Monte coming as well. Marty Williamson overseeing things will be crucial to getting the organization back on track .

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Interesting read, looks like you put some time and thought into this, thanks.

I just posted it :)
Posted it here because that makes Barrie look like the best at getting the most out of their picks over ten years

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Colts did the right thing and picked the best player available, besides they got there centre in Ryan Del Monte with their 2nd round pick- I believe he is an NCAA commit for Harvard.
Yes he is and he didn't even report to the team on draft day.

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Yes he is and he didn't even report to the team on draft day.

Something doesn't add up...

It is widely known that Del Monte's father is expected to be coach and GM for the Newmarket OJ team that was recently sold and is in the process of being relocated to Milton (which is where the Del Monte family lives). Dad has also coached Ryan from the beginning through to Minor Midget.

So unless there is a spot on the bench for dad, or maybe a good side gig for him (dad has scouted in the past), why would they toss away an NCAA path and the ability to play Jr A under dad's watchful eye?

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Great day for the Colts. Brandt Clarke will be a difference maker the moment he steps on the ice. Have a good feeling about Del Monte coming as well. Marty Williamson overseeing things will be crucial to getting the organization back on track .

Did Marty not help get Barrie off track before he left?
Did he not trade some good players to Niagara, then follow them?

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

Lead the team to the best season in franchise history. If I recall correctly he wanted long term in Barrie and Howie wasn't willing to commit to it at the time.

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018

Who did he trade to Niagra, out of the fer remaining players that returned.
If memory serves me Prout was traded to Saginaw, and thinking maybe Archibald, Mitch Bennet and Dalton McGrath to Niagra, then several more the following year after Marty was alrerady gone.

So not sure who he actually traded to Niagra. Unless you are referring to the Strome for Petroangelo deal

Please correct me if I am wrong.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Traded Strome, a D, & picks to Niagara while loading up for a run; then, went to Niagara and built a winning team with the help of those assets. Work of art :)

Reactions: three dog night

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on Suzuki's performance at the U18 tourney. Haven't seen more than a period or so and mostly just following the box scores, but it doesn't seem like he is showing all that much for a 1st overall pick in the OHL.
Not trying to be negative towards the young man but just curious.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on Suzuki's performance at the U18 tourney. Haven't seen more than a period or so and mostly just following the box scores, but it doesn't seem like he is showing all that much for a 1st overall pick in the OHL.
Not trying to be negative towards the young man but just curious.

i think hes been hurt

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Something doesn't add up...

It is widely known that Del Monte's father is expected to be coach and GM for the Newmarket OJ team that was recently sold and is in the process of being relocated to Milton (which is where the Del Monte family lives). Dad has also coached Ryan from the beginning through to Minor Midget.

So unless there is a spot on the bench for dad, or maybe a good side gig for him (dad has scouted in the past), why would they toss away an NCAA path and the ability to play Jr A under dad's watchful eye?

The MUCH bigger question is why has the boy not played since December 2018? Lots of question marks on this one.....

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
The MUCH bigger question is why has the boy not played since December 2018? Lots of question marks on this one.....

wondering if his performance over the last while and at the U18's has affected his draft status?

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
wondering if his performance over the last while and at the U18's has affected his draft status?

He hasn't played since December 2018. He also isn't a U18. He is an 03 and has been invited to play in the OHL Gold Cup. Word on the street is that he hasn't shown up to practice with his OHL Gold Cup team.

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
Suzuki, RyanCL6.001702001-05-28London, ONOHL - BAR (2017) RD: 1 (#1)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

the question was regarding Suzuki, bur appeciate your comments on other picks

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Just listened to the Very Barrie Podcast.....Jason Ford is going to be the fall guy......outside of Clarke this guy was asleep at the wheel for the draft

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
What's the skinny on Edmonds?

Good sized goalie that relies on his positioning. Not the most athletic goalie out there and as such isn't the most agile or quick. Very calm in net and never seems to get rattled. Solid rebound control. Reminds me a bit of how Connor Helleybuck plays. Weird move to bring him in and ship Ingham out but Edmonds should be solid for the trout.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
Good sized goalie that relies on his positioning. Not the most athletic goalie out there and as such isn't the most agile or quick. Very calm in net and never seems to get rattled. Solid rebound control. Reminds me a bit of how Connor Helleybuck plays. Weird move to bring him in and ship Ingham out but Edmonds should be solid for the trout.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
It has to be for control. Ingham will probably be in the Ahl next year and Edmonds has no NHL affiliation.
So 2 vs 1. Tough to see Ingham go though. A great kid!

Reactions: Tarantula

helgo

May 6, 2010
Budweis
Hi guys, sorry to intrude but I have a question about one of your former players Ben Hawerchuk, who is on try-out on my european team. Just wanted to know what kind of player he is. I don't need anything too specific, just general observations about his style of playing, talent, skating, work ethic etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->