Prospect Info: Barrett Hayton - What's the deal?

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So you want him to demand a trade on Day 1??? 🤔
thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So has Hayton officially broken out? He’s looked really good every game against the Avs this year and any game I’ve caught of the Yotes I’ve thought he looked really good even when not scoring.
Since Feb1 he’s got 6g 12a 18p and is +10 in 18gp. He’s looking stronger and faster and smarter and more engaged.

Even if you go back a bit further for a larger sample, in 2023 he’s played 33 games and has 26pts and is a +10.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Since Feb1 he’s got 6g 12a 18p and is +10 in 18gp. He’s looking stronger and faster and smarter and more engaged.

Even if you go back a bit further for a larger sample, in 2023 he’s played 33 games and has 26pts and is a +10.

That’s awesome, definitely a player that I hope does well just given everything that went into the pick. If he shapes out to be a good 2C and you get Fantilli or Bedard the Yotes are gonna be a very scary team very soon.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That’s awesome, definitely a player that I hope does well just given everything that went into the pick. If he shapes out to be a good 2C and you get Fantilli or Bedard the Yotes are gonna be a very scary team very soon.
Thanks for the kind words! But I’m afraid you’re mistaken. If you head over to the main forum or over to Twitter, you’ll find that we are actually a horrible and disgusting disgrace to the league and that we don’t actually deserve a team. That we’d be better off Saskatoon or Quebec City or some other far flung hamlet nobody can find on a map.

Let’s not forget the potential of Logan Cooley.
I won’t stand for this Dylan Guenther disrespect! ;)

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ

He is a different player.He is also more confident.You can see it from his body language

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

CONFIDENCE

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He just turned 21 and was one of the youngest players of his draft. It's early. It's especially early if you consider he has had about the most sub-optimal developmental environment possible. And Jenik struggled in Tucson for very long stretches as well.

People expected an instant impact forward but that's hard to find in the draft. All that matters is what Hayton is a few years from now.

^From Summer 21.

Of the forwards who have played 100 minutes, Hayton has the best CF% which is chances for (4th) and against(#1). He's also tops in xGF% and SCF%, ahead of players like Maccelli and Guenther. His PDO is comically bad at .905.

All the signs of a decent center are there and he is contributing. I would not dump this player or even worry about him.

I trust AT with any and all players at this point. Nice to know the org isn't making things harder than they need to be by constantly pissing away talent via poor coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad