Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Once again seems like we have too many AHL players personally. I don’t really like prospects getting pushed out of icetime even if they aren’t doing the hottest.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Once again seems like we have too many AHL players personally. I don’t really like prospects getting pushed out of icetime even if they aren’t doing the hottest.

The Megna signing I like, because we lost Keaton Middleton and Jeremy Roy and haven't signed anyone on defense in response apart from Cukste. He won't be pushing out anyone who could reasonably be called a prospect.

I'd thought we might trade one of our AHL forwards for defensive depth, but now we don't seem to need that.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

As of today: 10 AHL contracts. 44 NHL (non-slideable) contracts. 1+4 G, 2+12 D, 7+28 F.

23 players on NHL roster. 31 guys in minors (less any guys that stay in Europe for season; or are sent to minors for an overage season).

My guess is the ECHL won't have a lot of "extra" bodies for call ups. 2-3 ECHL teams have already announced they'll be dormant for the season. So teams may have to run with more guys on AHL roster in case of injuries.

And it may be 3 or 4 games a week in a compressed schedule. Need those bodies.

Reactions: Erep and themelkman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad