Barkov Hart consideration

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I said it before, but Barkov is starting to become one of those 'underrated' players who might actually be overrated with all of the "underrated" hype he gets. And I'm extremely high on Sasha...

As I've said before, he's just the kind of player who's celebrated by the hc-fans of the game regardless of their favorite teams. But the "big audience" doesn't really know him that well nor would he make many top 10C-lists by your average hockey followers. I'm glad he's getting the recognition here, tho. I don't think he's being overrated, he's just awesome.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Even if by some miracle the Panthers manage to get the 2nd Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference, no offense to Barkov but I doubt that would get him in the top 10 of the Hart Trophy voting.

Last season despite winning the Calder with his historic rookie season and getting the Leafs back into the playoffs, Auston Matthews finished 11th in voting for the Hart Trophy.

Barkov has less support than Matthews, he's one of the best 2way C's in the league and +ppg. Atlantic is also a lottien better this season.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Highlights just keep coming, Barkov with a Forsberg move in breakaway.

His offensive numbers doesn't excactly scream Hart over guys like MacKinnon etc but I don't think there are many players with as less supportive cast as Barkov has. He is just making things happen and he is the absolutely the single reason why Panthers are still fighting for a playoff spot.

Last edited:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If Panthers make it to playoffs, Sasha should receive fair amount of Hart votes, would you agree?

27:27 TOI in todays game(leads forwards in TOI), 59games 59points. Hard to imagine a player more valuable to his team than Barkov. He just plays in unreal level at the moment, on par with Bergeron and Kopitar imho.

He's had a KILLER year but unfortunately he isn't more deserving than Mackinnon, Hall, McDavid, Malkin or Kuch

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not taking anything away from Sasha, but it's clearly between MacKinnon/Hall (or it should be at least) Great player having a great season but the hart trophy goes to the player deemed to be most valuable to his team. Hall/MacKinnon have had bigger individual influences on their team than Sasha has had on the Panthers.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's had a KILLER year but unfortunately he isn't more deserving than Mackinnon, Hall, McDavid, Malkin or Kuch

You can make a case for Hall& Mack being more important for their team but like Barkov Mack's team isn't a sure fire playoff team.

McDavid should have no shot with where Edmonton is in the standings.

Not taking anything away from Sasha, but it's clearly between MacKinnon/Hall (or it should be at least) Great player having a great season but the hart trophy goes to the player deemed to be most valuable to his team. Hall/MacKinnon have had bigger individual influences on their team than Sasha has had on the Panthers.

Barkov is killing it in all 3 zones, it's a shame 2way game isn't valued with him.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Based on offense ? Barkov plays in all situations for the Panthers offense, defense power play, penalty kill.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Nope not even a nomination. Not with two other players on his team within 5 points of him.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
he absolutely deserves the selke this season based on his production and relatively very unfavorable zone starts. he also is probably the most effective forward on the planet at neutralizing breakouts through the neutral zone. i love bergeron as much as anybody, but his role playing with pastrnak and marchand has been geared more towards offense this season especially. both sasha and kopitar are more deserving of the selke this year, and it should, to me, be barkov’s given how he’s produced. he is a top 10 center no doubt, arguably top 5. you just have to take the time and watch him consistently and not just look at the impressive metrics.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Even if Barkov hauls the Panthers to the POs while Colorado and NJ miss out?

Reactions: Skeletorrr

RandomAvsFan

Jun 27, 2016
Denver, Colorado
Such a great player. I definitely see him becoming this generation's Bergeron. 2013 was a great year for the Avs to pick first. MacKinnon, Barkov, or Jones are all fantastic centerpieces.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Gave me a good laugh.

Where would the Panthers be without Barkov? He's dragging the team to the playoffs kicking and screaming.

He's in top3 for most valuable players to his team.

Hall/Barkov/Mack. But sadly as Barkov is the Selke type voters won't care of that.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
idk why people on this site doubt the guy because he misses 20 games

The talent was so obviously there. Old man Kopitar has had an amazing season carrying the Kings offensively but at the age of 22 Barkov is certainly in the upper echelon of two-way centers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad