Barkov Hart consideration

freecheese

Dec 5, 2017
As great has Barkov is playing, he is just scratching the surface. I believe he can reach 1.5 PPG if he played alot more selfish. For a HOF Generational player, he is very passive.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Since Taylor Hall has been mentioned in this thread

Hall lead the Devils team in zone start % with 87.5% and finished with a corsi for % of 47.06%
Barkov per usual had the least amount of zone % amongst Panthers forwards with 40% and finished with a corsi for of 51.43%

Barkov saw plenty of Hall and held him to 0 point 5 on 5

also disclaimer: Panthers were at home/home ice advantage

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
As great has Barkov is playing, he is just scratching the surface. I believe he can reach 1.5 PPG if he played alot more selfish. For a HOF Generational player, he is very passive.

With Barkov you don't get even a half an idea about him by counting points only.

There's magic all around him, and he let it show...

Reactions: bukwas

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

ehh 1.5 ppg is going november leafs territory

Reactions: Sojourn

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
MacKinnon is a better player and more deserving of the award this year if COL somehow sneaks into 2nd WC.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
MacKinnon is a better player and more deserving of the award this year if COL somehow sneaks into 2nd WC.

Barkov's last 3 season > Nathan MacKinnon last 3

But yes MacKinnon has been the best forward with Kucherov

there's also 20 games left. Didn't see both teams fight for playoff spots. Especially the Panthers with that off-season and their first 2 months of hockey

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Eh.

I think MacKinnon is more deserving of the Hart this season, but the better player thing is very debatable.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Historically speaking... I can't ever recall a forward who wasn't top 3 in Ross or Rocket win the Hart.

I don't see how Barkov Hall or MacKinnon have a realistic shot.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Historically speaking... I can't ever recall a forward who wasn't top 3 in Ross or Rocket win the Hart.

I think all 3 have a shot if the "Tampa too strong/"Lol how can someone win a hart with STamkos as C"" is as big of a narrative as it seems

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

MacKinnon has 71 points in 55 games.

It's actually conceivable that he can close the gap some. Not easily, and I don't think the odds are in his favor, but I don't think it's out of reach for him. If he has a strong finish, closes the gap, and Colorado gets into the playoffs I think he could be a finalist.

Barkov and Hall, I agree. They'll get votes, but not enough for top 3.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
MacKinnon has 71 points in 55 games.

It's actually conceivable that he can close the gap some. Not easily, and I don't think the odds are in his favor, but I don't think it's out of reach for him. If he has a strong finish, closes the gap, and Colorado gets into the playoffs I think he could be a finalist.

Barkov and Hall, I agree. They'll get votes, but not enough for top 3.
Mac has the same issue as Mc.

Team isn't making the playoffs. Hard to award a Hart to a player on a bad team. If COL does get in he'll get consideration, but wont win unless he wins the Ross.

freecheese

Dec 5, 2017
This guy is an elite 2-way that gets no buzz on these boards. Very underrated player.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even if by some miracle the Panthers manage to get the 2nd Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference, no offense to Barkov but I doubt that would get him in the top 10 of the Hart Trophy voting.

Last season despite winning the Calder with his historic rookie season and getting the Leafs back into the playoffs, Auston Matthews finished 11th in voting for the Hart Trophy.

How on Earth does that have anything, ANYTHING, to do with Barkov?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mac has the same issue as Mc.

Team isn't making the playoffs. Hard to award a Hart to a player on a bad team. If COL does get in he'll get consideration, but wont win unless he wins the Ross.

The Avs are 1 point out with a game in hand. The oilers... aren’t. Not exactly the same.

MacKinnon is going to need a bit of help. But if the Avs do make the playoffs and he somehow finishes top 5 in scoring after missing 8 games, he’ll deserve heavy consideration, especially if the other candidates are on cup favorite teams.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This guy is an elite 2-way that gets no buzz on these boards. Very underrated player.

The dude has 3 threads on the front page here claiming he's generational, going for the Hart, and going for the Selke, and has 3 on the front page of the polls board as of now as well. Are you reading with your eyes closed?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I said it before, but Barkov is starting to become one of those 'underrated' players who might actually be overrated with all of the "underrated" hype he gets. And I'm extremely high on Sasha...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad