NHL Entry Draft: Barbadian's 2011 7 Round NHL Mock Draft (ATLANTA AVAILABLE)

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
The Boston Bruins and the Toronto Maple Leafs agreed to a trade last night.

extralarge.png

D, Steven Kampfer
40th Overall Selection

extralarge.png

F, Clarke MacArthur

Brian Burke: "We like this deal because it gives us an NHL defender who can step in and produce for us. Kampfer helps bring some offensive production, and a transition game to the back-end. MacArthur was a great player for us, and we know Boston was interested in adding a forward of his calibre so we feel this trade benefits both teams."

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
just quickly glancing through this thread...

the Devils don't have a third in 2011 (Kovalchuk penalty). i saw that it was included i the Gilbert Brule deal

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR

extralarge.png

D, Steven Kampfer
40th Overall Selection

extralarge.png

F, Clarke MacArthur

:bruins Confirm

We're really happy to grab a great character guy in Clarke. He'll bring good offense and grit to our forward group, and I can see him getting Top 6 minutes. I have to say, as a leafs fan, I hope this doesn't go down for real, I love Big Mac. Happy to have him in Boston.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
The Anaheim Ducks apologize for mixing up their previous deal and have since decided to stop the annual "Let your nephew make a trade day".

However the Ducks and Blue Jackets were able to re-work the deal.

:ducks - 2011 1st Round Pick (27th overall), Matt Calvert, John Moore

:cbj - 2011 1st Round Pick (16th overall), 2011 3rd Round Pick (63rd Overall), Scott Valentine, Matt Belesky

extralarge.png

D, Steven Kampfer
40th Overall Selection

extralarge.png

F, Clarke MacArthur

good trades.

Sabres9

Mar 8, 2011
:caps The Washington Capitals have traded the 46th overall to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for the 58th and 88th selections.

Last edited:

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
washington_caps_alternate.png
The Washington Capitals have traded the 46th overall to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for the 58th and 88th selections.

extralarge.png

Confirm the deal.

Maple Leafs are now shopping Luca Caputi, and Matt Lashoff for a 3rd round selection in the 2011 draft. Willing to move others, PM with offers.

LeafsKGM

Mar 20, 2011
Current Atlanta Thrashers roster - TEAM CAP 50.245M (* means on trading block)
Andrew Ladd(2.35M) - Stephen Weiss(3.1M) - Ales Hemsky(4.1M)
Evander Kane(3.1M) - *Nikolai Antropov(4.062M)* - Bryan Little(2.3M)
*Radek Dvorak(1.7M)* - Eric Christensen(.925M - Anthony Stewart(.750M)
M.Zuccarello Asselin(1.750M) - Rob Niedermayer(1.250M) - Aaron Aham(.700M)
EXTRAS
Nick Johnson(.500M) - *Chris Thoruburn(.866M)*

Dustin Byfuglin(5.2M) - Ron Hainsey(4.5M)
Tobia Enstrom(3.750M) - Johnny Oduya(3.5M)
*Mark Stuart(1.7M)* - Carl Gunnarson
EXTRA
*Andrei Zubarev(.825M)*
Freddy Myer(.700M)
Jesse Blacker

Chris Mason(1.85M)
Ondrej Pavlec(1.15M)

Looking to gain more picks anyway possible. Send a PM if interested in any of those players, or any of my prospects, also willing to package picks to move up into the a mid 3rd pick

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Edmonton Oilers have traded picks 62, 67 and 74 to the New York Islanders in exchange for picks 34 and 127.

Islanders confirm. Although there are many top-notch players still currently available, the three early-to-mid 3rd round picks were simply too much to pass up. The Islanders now possess 4 of the first 13 picks in the 3rd round, and are very excited to have the added flexibility, as they are very high on several players slated to go in that range.

North Metro Peewees

Oct 19, 2008
Philly Stupid
Minnesota Wild roster for 2011/12 (after trades with Edmonton and Pittsburgh):

Nikita Filatov - Mikko Koivu - P-M Bouchard
Andrew Brunette - Mikael Granlund - Martin Havlat
Andrew Cogliano - Kyle Brodziak - Antti Miettinen
Colton Gillies - Eric Nystrom - Casey Wellman

Nick Schultz - Brent Burns
Matt Niskanen - Marek Zidlicky
Cam Barker - Clayton Stoner

Niklas Bäckstrom
J. Theodore/J. Harding

(New players underlined)

Untouchables:
Mikko Koivu
Kyle Brodziak
Nikita Filatov
Nick Schultz
Mikael Granlund

On trade block:
Marek Zidlicky
Greg Zanon
Matt Cullen
Brad Staubitz
Chuck Kobasew (UFA)
Antti Miettinen (UFA)
Andrew Brunette (UFA)
John Madden (UFA)
Theodore/Harding (Both UFA's)

Wanted:
* High draft picks (or actually any draft picks)
* (Cheap) 3rd pair defensive defenseman
* 3rd or 4th line grinder
* Goalie prospect
* Everything else which looks good for our team, possibly cap dump

Will listen all the offers, even including the untouchables if consolation looks good.

Press conference announcement:
Minnesota Wild announce that Mike Yeo, who coached our AHL affiliate Aeros last season, will be our head coach going forward. Wes Walz will also join the coaching staff as assistant coach.

Wild season ticket holder here and please don't take this wrong. But you've managed to take a mediocre team and turn them into the likely winner of next seasons draft lottery. First, if the Wild re-signed Miettenen there would be a mass exodus of season ticket holders. The guy couldn't score 25 goals if they changed the rules and didn't allow goalies to play anymore.

By adding Niskanen to the defense you managed to make that group even softer which I didn't even think was possible.

You gave up the 10th pick for the 19th AND Cogliano! If Cogliano's own mother was GM of the Wild she wouldn't make that trade. He's a player without a position and he's had ample opportunity to produce in Edmonton.

Finally, the Pens trade should have been rejected on principal. Clutterbuck who is a legit 20 goal guy and Lats who has proven he can score in the NHL for Filatov (headcase) and Jeffrey (unproven) is just foolish.

Stick to picking coaches; I actually like your choices for that. No offense but this is evidence that when doing a mock draft you actually should have a rooting interest in the team your drafting/trading for.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Islanders looking to unload the first pick of round 3, 62nd overall, for additional picks in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds. Probably not interested in any B-level prospects at this point of the draft, because nobody wants to trade a top prospect for a 3rd round pick. I'll also consider unloading (at most) another 3rd round pick, 63rd, 67th, or 74th overall, if I get two separate offers I like. Kind of a first come first serve type of deal where I'm gonna take the first two offers I like, so get them in ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad