NHL Entry Draft: Barbadian's 2011 7 Round NHL Mock Draft (ATLANTA AVAILABLE)

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Islanders would like to announce a trade

:leafs
2011 3rd Rounder (62nd Overall)
2011 5th Rounder (124th Overall)

:isles
2011 3rd Rounder (79th Overall)
2011 4th Rounder (99th Overall)
2011 6th Rounder (151st Overall)

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Wild season ticket holder here and please don't take this wrong. But you've managed to take a mediocre team and turn them into the likely winner of next seasons draft lottery. First, if the Wild re-signed Miettenen there would be a mass exodus of season ticket holders. The guy couldn't score 25 goals if they changed the rules and didn't allow goalies to play anymore.

By adding Niskanen to the defense you managed to make that group even softer which I didn't even think was possible.

You gave up the 10th pick for the 19th AND Cogliano! If Cogliano's own mother was GM of the Wild she wouldn't make that trade. He's a player without a position and he's had ample opportunity to produce in Edmonton.

Finally, the Pens trade should have been rejected on principal. Clutterbuck who is a legit 20 goal guy and Lats who has proven he can score in the NHL for Filatov (headcase) and Jeffrey (unproven) is just foolish.

Stick to picking coaches; I actually like your choices for that. No offense but this is evidence that when doing a mock draft you actually should have a rooting interest in the team your drafting/trading for.

Why didn't you do the mock draft by yourself then? And I actually am a Wild fan.

First, did you not read the sign behind Miettinen's name? UFA does mean that he's going to be unrestricted free agent, and if no one is interested in signing him, I'll let him go. But, I was actually able to trade him away.

You're right about the softness, but I have plans to draft or trade for some tough D-men, which I mentioned.

In Cogliano trade, I traded down nine picks because there just wasn't anyone who I would have really wanted, and acquired forward, who isn't nearly as bad as you seem to think that he is.

In Pittsburgh trade, I got three players and a draft pick. One of those players is former 6th overall pick with huge scoring potential. How many players in current Wild team can actually score? Another one is potential 30 point D-man.

If you have team, which consistently just misses playoffs year after year, and want to make them cup contenders, you have to make some big moves and take chances, not just keep going with a team full of those above-average players like Lats.

Do everyone else think that what I've done for this team totally sucks?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Feel like trading down again because I've got no picks in the 5th. Listening to offers for 94 or 99 (one or the other) and looking to make a trade ASAP.

leafs1911

May 19, 2011
Hard to get
Kane
Toews
Sharp
Bolland
Keith
Seabrook
Crawford
Brouwer
Leddy