Proposal: BANTER THREAD! Calling all photoshop artists MiG, Bloumeister, Seb, etc Get in here!!

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
All I have right now is a rehashed shoop from last year's playoffs:

7107656743_7f4b903787_b.jpg

HELP US SENATRON, YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
The Art of Banter-Rhetoric:

1. By constantly making accusatory statements you put your opponent in a defensive and vulnerable position.

2. Multiple parties repeating the same arguments gives that side weight, and instills doubt in the opponent and his arguments.

3. By ignoring or casually dismissing valid counter-points you diminish your opponent's gains and can shift the argument back into your valid points and arguments.

Topics of note:

- Anderson is 31 and has never had a good, full season in the NHL. He is therefore untrustworthy and might not be reliable in the playoffs. (Best used before game 1)

- Karlsson may be a good skater but he's drastically undersized in the NHL and will probably get injured again shortly. His defensive game is overrated and he could end up being the next Mike Green.

- Rookies should not be relied upon as much when the stakes are high and a team with lots of rookies in key positions is only asking for trouble.

- PK Subban's superior athleticism will outshine any traits of Karlsson should games get physical or go to OT.

- Spezza has a goofy laugh.

Bring on the Snes.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/montreal-canadiens-preview/2013/4/29/4271540/karlsson-vs-subban

This is your link if you want to argue Subban vs. Karlsson. It proves that they're equal overall but Subban is the better defensive player (ie. Subban is better).

Keep at the banter boys, this is starting to get fun.

And notice that since we're not dealing with Bruins fans there's no racism, no calling for players to get "crushed" none of that stuff? Just good ol banter.

I love the Sens fans reactions in the comments. Telling a Sens fan that Karlsson is anything less than perfect is akin to telling them their mother is a **** apparently.

They insist that Karlsson is great defensively without any reason behind it.

(For what it's worth Karlsson isn't "bad" defensively, but Cooper does a good job breaking down why whatever defensive skill Karlsson has goes more toward taking risks than actually improving his team's defense.)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I love the Sens fans reactions in the comments. Telling a Sens fan that Karlsson is anything less than perfect is akin to telling them their mother is a **** apparently.

They insist that Karlsson is great defensively without any reason behind it.

(For what it's worth Karlsson isn't "bad" defensively, but Cooper does a good job breaking down why whatever defensive skill Karlsson has goes more toward taking risks than actually improving his team's defense.)

My work in recent nights has been starting to pay off :handclap:

I got the lamest infraction though, thoroughly deserved, but LyricalLyricist was literally undoing all my work last night. It's infuriating.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
25t9s77.gif

If you skip the r, Karlsson when pronouce in French sounds like the word Caleçon (underwear). It's childish I know, but I'm having fun doing this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad