Proposal: BANTER THREAD! Calling all photoshop artists MiG, Bloumeister, Seb, etc Get in here!!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It's the playoffs and we're not facing the insecure Leafs fanbase (GoT equivalent: Greyjoys - haven't had playoffs for so long they don't know what to do with it) or the scummy Bruins (GoT equivalent: Lannisters - In control, powerful but totally into themselves) - we're facing the milquetoast Ottawa Senators and their surprisingly arrogant fanbase.

I've already started by making fun of the "gladiator" but we need some photoshops and good, funny banter to shoot back and forth. Paul Martin looks like a walrus, no one's ever heard of half their team (Condra? Gryba? Lundin?), Erik Karlsson being up for every award, Chris Neil, their GM sounds like Sylvester J. p***ycat, Ottawa is a boring town, etc.

rdWJCAH.png

Hopefully the mods don't get all "Ron" on my "Don" :sarcasm:
y6S84iK.jpg

PricePkPatch*

We need a picture of Maple Leaves getting flushed down the toilet

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It's the playoffs and we're not facing the insecure Leafs fanbase (GoT equivalent: Greyjoys - haven't had playoffs for so long they don't know what to do with it) or the scummy Bruins (GoT equivalent: Lannisters - In control, powerful but totally into themselves) - we're facing the milquetoast Ottawa Senators and their surprisingly arrogant fanbase.

This is surprisingly accurate.

So what does that make the Sens, Tullys? Completely forgettable and surrounded by the enemy?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
It's harder than vs the Bruins or Leafs, where the banter writes itself... Most Sens don't court controversy. Chris Neil is an obvious target. Spezza isn't playing... :dunno:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

So what does that make the Sens, Tullys? Completely forgettable and surrounded by the enemy?

They are totally the tullys! Good reference.

Now that ottawa fans will see at least 4 straight games of montreal, they'll witness what a real danish nhler plays like

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Honestly, I can't work up any hostility against the Sens or their fans. I like the team and the city.

But if things change - and they always do - my Photoshop brain will come up with something...

(I already had a great one planned for the Leafs if we met them)

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Honestly, I can't work up any hostility against the Sens or their fans. I like the team and the city.

But if things change - and they always do - my Photoshop brain will come up with something...

(I already had a great one planned for the Leafs if we met them)

Usually things start going off the rails with unsavory clippings or comments in the media. See Letang, Mike Green or Bruce Boudreau...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Attaboy, perfect!

You guys should see the playoff board, I've been trying to set the tone but no one's biting :laugh:

Didn't take long for people to try and discredit the other team's success or players.

I would hope the habs don't underestimate Ottawa as some are doing here. Same applies to the other side but I would hope they do underestimate them obviously.

You're the worst at banter, why do you do this to my efforts

Last edited:

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
For those who have artistic talents I have a challenge for you. My idea came from a kitten looking in the mirror and the mirror showing the reflection of a Lion...Well can someone do one with Gallagher looking in the mirror and the reflection showing a Jacked Gladiator or Spartan?

Stephpa10

Jul 23, 2005
the face on Alfredsson says it all, that intro was the worst off all time. We teased a co-worker for years, everytime he would say something bad about the habs we would send him an email of this

I've already started by making fun of the "gladiator" but we need some photoshops and good, funny banter to shoot back and forth. Paul Martin looks like a walrus, no one's ever heard of half their team (Condra? Gryba? Lundin?), Erik Karlsson being up for every award, Chris Neil, their GM sounds like Sylvester J. p***ycat, Ottawa is a boring town, etc.

rdWJCAH.png

Hopefully the mods don't get all "Ron" on my "Don" :sarcasm:
y6S84iK.jpg

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Arryns. Except instead of an impenetrable mountain to sit atop of they sit atop their "well if we were healthy all year" excuse. Also Karlsson kinda has that weird breastfed-until-he-was-seven look. :laugh:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
As expected, the Leafs and Bruins series is degenerating faster than ours....

"kessel preparing for the playoffs."

ibnz2cDpLxszdD.gif

iSZYXCPCP9yBW.gif
[/QUOTE]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad