Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '22-'23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How about that Kesselring @Bryanbryoil my fellow Kesselring Fanclub member
Finally seeing some offensive results for him now that he is getting opportunity with Broberg on the sidelines and Samorukov moved elsewhere. I find it interesting how many have been so high on Desharnais while overlooking Kesselring who is much younger and more mobile.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Finally seeing some offensive results for him now that he is getting opportunity with Broberg on the sidelines and Samorukov moved elsewhere. I find it interesting how many have been so high on Desharnais while overlooking Kesselring who is much younger and more mobile.
Night and day players in their styles and stages of development. Kesselring is a very young, physically developing offensive defenseman with a wicked shot. Lots of go in his game with an aggressiveness to pinch and get his shot off. Desharnais is a mature project defensive defenseman who has worked his way into an NHL contract playing a hard, simple game that utilizes his size to neutralize opposition.

Kesselring has clear elements notably the heavy shot and offensive skills with very good length that will eventually fill out into man strength. High potential for this player but needs AHL seasoning and experience against pro competition. Looked really good in camp and confident.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Glad to hear Kesselring is off to a good start to the year. It's about time the Oilers hit on some of these late round picks, that's how contenders build depth. Skinner and Niems have brought some good stuff so far but we need more. Our org doesn't have a lot of rhd in the system which gives guys like Kesselring a potential avenue/opportunity for success.

Also I saw that klim kostin has about a bajillion penalty minutes so far. Is he fighting a lot and if so how'd he do?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think it has to do with current need with Desharnais being more of a rugged, stay at home Dman who is more mature, closer to NHL ready. There's no doubt in my mind that Kesselring is the more valuable prospect long term but I think the craving for a stay at home defender puts Desharnais at the forefront currently.

My worry is that Kesselring gets lost in the shuffle with their focus being more on guys like Broberg, Niemalainen, Wanner and Desharnais. You rarely hear them talk about Kesselring and it concerns me a bit in terms of where he lies in the pecking order. Only drafted a year after Samorukov who got lost in the shuffle so they might have to make a decision on him in a year or two.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I think it has to do with current need with Desharnais being more of a rugged, stay at home Dman who is more mature, closer to NHL ready. There's no doubt in my mind that Kesselring is the more valuable prospect long term but I think the craving for a stay at home defender puts Desharnais at the forefront currently.

My worry is that Kesselring gets lost in the shuffle with their focus being more on guys like Broberg, Niemalainen, Wanner and Desharnais. You rarely hear them talk about Kesselring and it concerns me a bit in terms of where he lies in the pecking order. Only drafted a year after Samorukov who got lost in the shuffle so they might have to make a decision on him in a year or two.
He was mentioned by either Woodcroft or Holland in an interview earlier this year… I definitely think he made a good impression at camp.

Also…

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We could really use Bourgault, Tullio or Philp to start going on a bit of a point streak. Any idea when Lavoie is set to return?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Bourgault just scored his first pro goal shorthanded and then added another one on the powerplay:

Thanks for sharing. Two nice goals and showing different elements of X-Man's game. First on a PK (PK!) where he beats the defender with speed and uses a great shot to beat the goaltender. Second is his calling card, cloaking devise to find soft ice and hard, accurate one-timer from the circle to beat a moving tender.

Boy, a volume shooting efficient scorer at RW can't come soon enough for the big club.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Thanks for sharing. Two nice goals and showing different elements of X-Man's game. First on a PK (PK!) where he beats the defender with speed and uses a great shot to beat the goaltender. Second is his calling card, cloaking devise to find soft ice and hard, accurate one-timer from the circle to beat a moving tender.

Boy, a volume shooting efficient scorer at RW can't come soon enough for the big club.
There's no chance Yamo or Pulju score either of those goals.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

X-man. I love that nickname.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad