Confirmed with Link: Bailey and 2026 2nd to Blackhawks for Future considerations

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
LMAO!!!!!! THEY ONLY WANTED THE UNKNOWN 2026 2ND ROUND PICK. That is all you can say about Josh.

He is probably retiring after this or the Rangers or Buffalo sign him for bare minimum. He can play with that other Bust, Mr Marshmallow Kyle Okposo
Ooh, easy on Okposo! He still speaks glowlingly about his time on LI. And I still remember him punching out Niskanen in the '13 playoffs which got us going. Don't know where you get this Mr. Marshmallow BS from........

Reactions: thegoldenyear

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
When he was drafted he was compared to Mats Sundin. Never materialized. As echoed above, he needed more developmental time. Overmatched as an 18 year old; it stunted his confidence and skill development.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Watch Bailey go somewhere as a vet depth piece and end up winning a Cup. ;)

I never disliked Bailey. He ended up being exactly what he was advertised to be when drafted - a safe player.
I wouldn't be disappointed at all if that happened! After 15 years here I think it's fair to say he was a great Islander. God speed Josh.....

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
2026 is a long time away. Bailey was a good soldier for the Isles. Give him his due, but it was time. If the Isles do not recoup that 2nd, then it was a price to pay to unload 5M for 1 year. Just use the money wisely.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Ooh, easy on Okposo! He still speaks glowlingly about his time on LI. And I still remember him punching out Niskanen in the '13 playoffs which got us going. Don't know where you get this Mr. Marshmallow

Kyle Okposo was a chump! He was 2 steps above Oleg Kvasha, Body of a freight train yet never used it. He showed flashes of grit like the 2013 playoffs (which we lost in 6) he didnt carry us at all.

Then he would pull back and regress. Him and Bailey should've been packaged years ago but Garth Snow was a buffoon.

Dont waste my time - KO is garbage and I am long past rooting for sub par players. We have enough playing on this team now. I am glad Bailey is gone! He should've never been on this team for that long. No rational franchise wouldve kept him in the NHL this long.

Now lets trade Anders Lee and clear real cap space to get this team in the right spot.

Barzal / Brock Nelson / Pelech and Sorokin are the core. Everyone can $%! OFF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad