BAGM Prospect Thread

Brotastic Brodano

Das Karnival
Sep 11, 2014
u said weast?
Rudolf Bachman.

He was a 5 green star goalie I drafted first overall when I was playing as Florida. When I drafted him he was around 68 overall and about 3 seasons later he was 98 overall. Went on to win the Stanley Cup when he was around 26 with Johnny Huberdeau and Nate MacKinnon on the first line.

Jbiz

Sep 23, 2015
Carolina Hurricanes
Year one of the Rebuilding

Pre-season Hopeful
New GM Ron Francis, who’s now taken over full time duty when Jim Rutherford stepped down at the helm did a few small moves in the preseason by signing unsigned defensive prospect Rinat Valiev (3 yrs – ELC) and goaltender prospect Petterson-Wentzel (3 yrs –ELC). The preseason went well for the ‘Canes as they stamped out a 5-1-1 record before puck drop of the regular season.

Saying good bye to Staal
With the hurricanes stumbling out of the gate to a 2-6-0 record, Ron Francis was approached by Nashville Predators GM, David Poile about a potential trade for Eric Staal. Nashville has always been a team on the “contender” bubble but tended to be weak down the middle with no clear cut number one center. Eric accepted Ron’s request to waive his no trade clause as Nashville was off to a respectable 3-3-2 record and being in the last year of his contract he wanted a chance to win. In the package Ron Francis sent Eric Staal to Nashville in exchange for their 2016, 2017 first round picks as well as LW prospect Kevin Fiala.

Signings with the savings
Missing their top star and being under the minimum cap forced Ron Francis to dip his hand into the free agent pool by inking Brad Boyes (1 year – 1 way), Curtis Glencross (1 year – 1 way) and Marcel Goc (1 year – 1 way) to separate deals. Boye’s slots in as a second line RW where Goc slots in on the 3rd pair ahead of Jay McClement.

Captain Crunch
With the departure of Eric Staal, head coach Bill Peters, elected to give an alternate captaincy to Jeff Skinner, having 3 alternates instead of naming a captain. The split in responsibility is among Justin Faulk, Jordan Staal and now Jeff Skinner.

Prospect and Picks
GM Francis sent off one of his off season acquisitions in Kris Versteeg to Montreal Canadians as Bergevin was reaching out for some experience and wing depth. Francis was able to pry a 2017 3rd round pick along with forward prospect and former second round choice, Arrturi Lehkonen.

Ward in Hockey Town
After an injury to Jonathan Bernier and a struggling Jame’s Reimer. Toronto off to a great start decided they needed some goaltender depth moving forward and saw Ward on a 1 year deal as a great stop gap to help them make the playoffs for the first time since the lock out shortened season. With Eddie Lack taking the brunt of the starts, Francis was able to flip him to Toronto for a 2nd and 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

Trade Deadline Dealing
With the worst record in the NHL Francis was having a full out fire sale. Selling off Boyes (signed in November), LW Brad Malone and journeyman goaltender Drew MacIntyre to Ottawa for defensive prospect Englund and a 3rd and 4th round pick in the 2016 draft. Glencross was sent to Anahaeim for their playoff run with a return of a 3rd round choice as well as AHL defenseman Gagner. The last deal of the day saw Marcel Goc flipped for Boston’s 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

League News
Nashville Predators won their first presidents trophy with the help of Eric Staal. However, they were eliminated in 6 games of their opening round series with the Dallas Stars. Montreal Canadians were victorious in celebrating their 25th Stanley Cup.

The 2016 Entry Draft
With the first choice of the entry draft Ron Francis was delighted to get his potential new number one center when he drafted from the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League, Austin Matthews (79 overall, Medium/Elite). Francis then flipped the first round pick received in the Sekera deal from LAK along with 3rd round choices from Boston and New Jersey to move up to the 5th selection and select from the Vancouver Giants, Tyler Benson (High/top 6). Seeing that Julian Gauthier (low/top 6) was available with the 26th pick, Francis traded up with Calgary, in exchange for 3rd round choices acquired from Winnipeg, Florida and their own. With the 28th pick of the first round (Nashville) Francis was proud to select from the SM-Ligga Puljvjarvi (medium/top 9).

Carolina Stats
30th overall 55 pts (23-50-9)
30th goals for 156
30th goals against 271
17th power play 17.23%
30th penalty kill 75%

Top Players
Justin Faulk (82-14-31-45)
Jordan Staal (82-11-34-45)
Elias Lindholm (79-12-31-43)
Jeff Skinner (72-27-14-41)

(Let me know if you guys like it and I'll post year 2 for you guys)

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Anyone know any sure-fire prospects that will help me get the "Grow a player you drafted to 90+ overall"

Stockpiled 6 1st round picks and all the guys I drafted didn't pan out. (Even though, they were all Elite)

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Only 5 years into a BEAGM, but there is definitely more talent sprinkled into the later rounds. In the late 1st/early 2nd round, there is still a decent shot of finding a medium elite potential player. I've drafted a 67 overall, top 4 yellow potential offensive defenseman in the 5th round. A medium, top 6 potential winger in the 4th, and a few medium top 9 forwards in the 6th and 7th rounds.

Haven't come across a franchise potential player yet...

AkiBerg

Dec 5, 2013
Carolina Hurricanes
Year one of the Rebuilding

Pre-season Hopeful
New GM Ron Francis, who’s now taken over full time duty when Jim Rutherford stepped down at the helm did a few small moves in the preseason by signing unsigned defensive prospect Rinat Valiev (3 yrs – ELC) and goaltender prospect Petterson-Wentzel (3 yrs –ELC). The preseason went well for the ‘Canes as they stamped out a 5-1-1 record before puck drop of the regular season.

Saying good bye to Staal
With the hurricanes stumbling out of the gate to a 2-6-0 record, Ron Francis was approached by Nashville Predators GM, David Poile about a potential trade for Eric Staal. Nashville has always been a team on the “contender†bubble but tended to be weak down the middle with no clear cut number one center. Eric accepted Ron’s request to waive his no trade clause as Nashville was off to a respectable 3-3-2 record and being in the last year of his contract he wanted a chance to win. In the package Ron Francis sent Eric Staal to Nashville in exchange for their 2016, 2017 first round picks as well as LW prospect Kevin Fiala.

Signings with the savings
Missing their top star and being under the minimum cap forced Ron Francis to dip his hand into the free agent pool by inking Brad Boyes (1 year – 1 way), Curtis Glencross (1 year – 1 way) and Marcel Goc (1 year – 1 way) to separate deals. Boye’s slots in as a second line RW where Goc slots in on the 3rd pair ahead of Jay McClement.

Captain Crunch
With the departure of Eric Staal, head coach Bill Peters, elected to give an alternate captaincy to Jeff Skinner, having 3 alternates instead of naming a captain. The split in responsibility is among Justin Faulk, Jordan Staal and now Jeff Skinner.

Prospect and Picks
GM Francis sent off one of his off season acquisitions in Kris Versteeg to Montreal Canadians as Bergevin was reaching out for some experience and wing depth. Francis was able to pry a 2017 3rd round pick along with forward prospect and former second round choice, Arrturi Lehkonen.

Ward in Hockey Town
After an injury to Jonathan Bernier and a struggling Jame’s Reimer. Toronto off to a great start decided they needed some goaltender depth moving forward and saw Ward on a 1 year deal as a great stop gap to help them make the playoffs for the first time since the lock out shortened season. With Eddie Lack taking the brunt of the starts, Francis was able to flip him to Toronto for a 2nd and 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

Trade Deadline Dealing
With the worst record in the NHL Francis was having a full out fire sale. Selling off Boyes (signed in November), LW Brad Malone and journeyman goaltender Drew MacIntyre to Ottawa for defensive prospect Englund and a 3rd and 4th round pick in the 2016 draft. Glencross was sent to Anahaeim for their playoff run with a return of a 3rd round choice as well as AHL defenseman Gagner. The last deal of the day saw Marcel Goc flipped for Boston’s 3rd round choice in the upcoming draft.

League News
Nashville Predators won their first presidents trophy with the help of Eric Staal. However, they were eliminated in 6 games of their opening round series with the Dallas Stars. Montreal Canadians were victorious in celebrating their 25th Stanley Cup.

The 2016 Entry Draft
With the first choice of the entry draft Ron Francis was delighted to get his potential new number one center when he drafted from the Zurich Lions of the Swiss League, Austin Matthews (79 overall, Medium/Elite). Francis then flipped the first round pick received in the Sekera deal from LAK along with 3rd round choices from Boston and New Jersey to move up to the 5th selection and select from the Vancouver Giants, Tyler Benson (High/top 6). Seeing that Julian Gauthier (low/top 6) was available with the 26th pick, Francis traded up with Calgary, in exchange for 3rd round choices acquired from Winnipeg, Florida and their own. With the 28th pick of the first round (Nashville) Francis was proud to select from the SM-Ligga Puljvjarvi (medium/top 9).

Carolina Stats
30th overall 55 pts (23-50-9)
30th goals for 156
30th goals against 271
17th power play 17.23%
30th penalty kill 75%

Top Players
Justin Faulk (82-14-31-45)
Jordan Staal (82-11-34-45)
Elias Lindholm (79-12-31-43)
Jeff Skinner (72-27-14-41)

(Let me know if you guys like it and I'll post year 2 for you guys)

Ill take a year 2, why not

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
What do you guys find is the best strategy for scouting? Better to go short scouting trips in several areas or just focus on a couple leagues and spend lots of time on each?

NylanderBros

Jun 22, 2014
Sudbury, Ont
So far I finished my 10 year GM run with the Devils, the Lightning won the cup three years in a row. Prospect wise....

Morrisey was a 92.
Deangalo a 95.
Koekkek a 88.

They also had Drouin and Stamkos as 96's.... the team was unreal but they had cap trouble.. had a 70 overall goalie lol.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
In 2019 I drafted a playmaking center in the 5th round named Jacob Westfield, he started out as elite potential and then progressed to franchise. He's a 98 overall right now.

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
In 2019 I drafted a playmaking center in the 5th round named Jacob Westfield, he started out as elite potential and then progressed to franchise. He's a 98 overall right now.

Wow. That's amazing.

NYRcupboundyessir*

I had a prospect last year named Charlie Polacek who became 99 OVR. Won mad cups multiple 60 goal years, it was beast

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Got a goalie in the 2017 draft in the top 5 that was a green Franchise, and was 96 overall. Could have gone higher I think, as he was only 24 when I stopped playing.

Seems to be a franchise goalie within a few years of starting.

aigledefeu

Oct 30, 2011
quebec
I play nordiques (Colorado) sim until 2018/2019 season and i drafted a franchise played who was 81 overall at the 2018draft. Now i play every Games and i am mid-season and he's Now 94 ovr and still play on junior.

Also drafted a 77 def elite same year and he's 83 ovr right now

HammerShark

Sep 10, 2014
I drafted a Spencer Tierney in 2024 as a med top 6 playmaking LW in the second round on San Jose, just because i thought it be awesome to have a Chris Tierney Spencer Tierney fourth line.

By the time it came for his first contract he had became a med elite. His second season? a 93 overall med Franchise.

I'm not complaining!

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
So far I finished my 10 year GM run with the Devils, the Lightning won the cup three years in a row. Prospect wise....

Morrisey was a 92.
Deangalo a 95.
Koekkek a 88.

They also had Drouin and Stamkos as 96's.... the team was unreal but they had cap trouble.. had a 70 overall goalie lol.

Eurgh they still havent fixed this

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Is anyone else having issues with the prospect pool shrinking? In years 1 and 2 each of the CHL leagues had 150+ forwards, 50+ D and about a dozen goalies. In year 4, each CHL league has about 25 forwards, 10 D and a few goalies. The Euro leagues are following suit, down to single digits on each.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Is anyone else having issues with the prospect pool shrinking? In years 1 and 2 each of the CHL leagues had 150+ forwards, 50+ D and about a dozen goalies. In year 4, each CHL league has about 25 forwards, 10 D and a few goalies. The Euro leagues are following suit, down to single digits on each.

That's generally how it usually is
The first 2 years (especially the first) are stacked to the brim in the chl
Then it goes down to a couple dozen in each league and stabilizes there

Nikola Tesla

Oct 13, 2015
Europe
MDC is absolutely ridiculous. His trade value was pretty low so I traded for him at the start of year one. In year three now and he's now at 97.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
Approaching the year one draft now. Anyone know of some late round steals I should pick up?

LW Sniper Robert Lipsbergs 2016 7th(202) Low Bottom 6 F
Right now he's 24 and 78 Overall with:
96 Acceleration
90 Agility
89 Speed
84 Endurance
81 Offensive Awareness
82 Defensive Awareness

VLU5

Aug 21, 2014
It's stupid almost every prospect become amazing skaters but nothing else. After 5 years you have 20+ players with 99 speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad