Recalled/Assigned: Baertschi reassigned, Goldobin recalled

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
HAS to play in the top 6.

I mean...this is true of both Bae and Goldy. They're both fringe skill forwards at this point, who need to be in the Top-6 to succeed. Good offensive minutes with good players, and some PP time...or they're not going to produce. If they're not producing...they're both kinda useless. Though i'd argue Baertschi might be less-useless when he's not producing, but it's all pretty marginal, and he's obviously older and Goldobin. With Bae though, there's virtually no worry of losing him on waivers due to his salary. Not that there's any danger with Goldy either.

More than anything, i think this is a case against the "skill > everything else" concept in the draft. Both guys have more than plenty of it...but neither has ever really seemed able to turn it into something that works outside of a Top-6 leach role, where they're not quite good enough or productive enough to lounge.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
how did goldobin fare tonight? didnt see him much in the third..

I heard first period 6 shifts, second period 4 shifts, third period 1 shift - so yeah, not much in the third

I would wager that - barring a host of injuries to forwards in the next few games - he is done, and we have successfully tanked any value he would have had.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I heard first period 6 shifts, second period 4 shifts, third period 1 shift - so yeah, not much in the third

I would wager that - barring a host of injuries to forwards in the next few games - he is done, and we have successfully tanked any value he would have had.

I'm so glad we didn't just take a pure pick package for Hansen!

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad