Recalled/Assigned: Baertschi called up, expected to play in Montreal

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Now in regards to his playing time, he's battling Gaudreau and Glencross for minutes. I asked this in another GDT and no one responded, but if you give Sven more minutes, who do you take them from? I honestly don't know that he's done enough to take minutes from either of those two.
Exactly this. Someone said Bollig or Setoguchi when I asked, but Setoguchi is his linemate and not playing much either and Sven is simply not capable of playing a checking role to take minutes from Bollig

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Exactly this. Someone said Bollig or Setoguchi when I asked, but Setoguchi is his linemate and not playing much either and Sven is simply not capable of playing a checking role to take minutes from Bollig

Maybe they were referring to Setoguchi's PP time?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Even still though, Seto plays RW and is not in competition with Sven for minutes on the PP. Seto's competition for minutes on the PP is Hudler and Jones, so it's understandable why he's seeing minutes there.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Even still though, Seto plays RW and is not in competition with Sven for minutes on the PP. Seto's competition for minutes on the PP is Hudler and Jones, so it's understandable why he's seeing minutes there.

I've seen JG thrown into the RW slot on the PP; it'd be easy enough to fit Sven in if Hartley wanted to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The whole 35 seconds Seto got last game? To be honest Setoguchi has looked better that Baertschi and besides Seto is out there because he is a RH shot and he opens up one-timer opportunities as a result.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
on the PP it's about the one-timer

I've seen JG thrown into the RW slot on the PP; it'd be easy enough to fit Sven in if Hartley wanted to.
That eliminates a one timer though, Seto being a RH shot opens up more possibilities.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The whole 35 seconds Seto got last game? To be honest Setoguchi has looked better that Baertschi and besides Seto is out there because he is a RH shot and he opens up one-timer opportunities as a result.

Setoguchi was injured partway through the game. He started the game on the first powerplay unit.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What's deal with him? Is he basically just waiting for a trade?

He's back in Adirondack? AF can tell you better than me, but from stat watching, he's been a whole new player (in a good way) ever since he was sent back down where he'd get more playing time than bottom 6 minutes in Calgary.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's back in Adirondack? AF can tell you better than me, but from stat watching, he's been a whole new player (in a good way) ever since he was sent back down where he'd get more playing time than bottom 6 minutes in Calgary.
No he's the same player, just had some better results. Still wildly inconsistent. Otherwise you nailed it.

BADoglick

Jun 12, 2012
Pens fan here. What do you guys think of a Baertschi for Dumoulin trade? Brain Dumoulin is playing well in his time up now, projects to be a #4-#6 d-man for most teams. He's big and he can skate, but he doesn't stand out compared to our other prospects. Between Pouliot, Harrington, Despres, Maata, Bortuzzo, etc we just have too many young d, and Dumoulin is the one with the least defined role for us, but I think he can be successful most anywhere.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Pens fan here. What do you guys think of a Baertschi for Dumoulin trade? Brain Dumoulin is playing well in his time up now, projects to be a #4-#6 d-man for most teams. He's big and he can skate, but he doesn't stand out compared to our other prospects. Between Pouliot, Harrington, Despres, Maata, Bortuzzo, etc we just have too many young d, and Dumoulin is the one with the least defined role for us, but I think he can be successful most anywhere.

I'd rather do Max Reinhart or Glencross for Dumoulin. Dumoulin is a really nice prospect, he would likely be our best D prospect if acquired him, but he doesn't have that high end upside to his game that Sven has. If it's a prospect for prospect swap, Reino for Dumoulin is a very fair trade IMO.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Probably the ideal team for Sven to go to, considering it was his junior coach.

Edit: that said I would ideally want the flames to add and go after Harrington, Despres or Pouliot.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Sven for Despres has been talked about in depth. As a fan of both teams it's probably fair. Dumoulin for Glencross is another fair one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad