Bad look for Evan Bouchard...ducks a hit and controller disconnects

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I love hot takes by posters who really don't have a clue.

-2 is not typical. He's a +26 on the season.
He has 9 goals and 39 points at even strength so he doesn't just pile up points on the PP.

Yeah he's not great defensively and can be mistake prone at times but he's not as bad as you make it out to be but.... keep on keeping on I guess.

Another clueless take.
Unfortunately we do have a clue, and he really is that bad defensively

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Tyson Barrie 2.0

what?...... how bout allowing a goal against to avoid a getting hit? You ok with that in the playoffs? cus you get hit twice as much. Oilers will be out in 4 :laugh:

unless you were being sarcastic

I was being quite literal actually, I meant "pay" in the sense of "dollars"

I agree with you on accepting a hit to avoid a goal though.

But Oilers have won series in the past 2 years, I wouldnt count them out so fast.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You can see Bouchard's next contract with the Oilers as a timebomb in the waiting. He will get paid because of the offense (and because of McDrai) and then will never live up to it.

Oilers management are in for some hard decisions after next season.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He's got a hard slapshot though

Typical game for him. Minus 2 with some horrible defensive plays but got 2 points with the extra man to make those stats look juicy for his next contract

PPG defensemen looking for a Nurse-like contract
Another guy looking to build a fake reputation by playing with McDavid, he's a fraud. Good shot, good skater, dog shit at everything else

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Whoa whoa whoa, how are we just gonna ignore that it was Matthews on the forecheck? There’s a leaf to discuss here.

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Just an overrated Dman who can’t play the position to save his life. Should be a forward

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I was being quite literal actually, I meant "pay" in the sense of "dollars"

I agree with you on accepting a hit to avoid a goal though.

But Oilers have won series in the past 2 years, I wouldnt count them out so fast.
Im not, I acutally had them as favourites a few months ago. Will depend on the matchups, as the west looks as tough as ever.... Luckily for you it looks like EDM-LAK again which is as good a matchup as they could hope for in the 1st round

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Another guy looking to build a fake reputation by playing with McDavid, he's a fraud. Good shot, good skater, dog shit at everything else
You're right. McDavid should only be on the ice by himself. That way we can expose all these guys who manipulate the coaching staff into putting them on the ice with him at the same time.

Evergreen

Tough look for Bouchard, but that play by Matthews to grab the puck and make space was pretty incredible too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Unfortunately we do have a clue, and he really is that bad defensively
Then why does Bouchard have a better xGA than Hughes while facing similarity tough minutes? Why is Hughes GA only a little more than Bouchard when he has Demko as a goalie?
So either Hughes also sucks defensively, or you have no idea what he is talking about.

Bouchard does make dumb mistakes from time to time but that isn’t the majority of his game. The fans who watch him nightly and the numbers back that up.

So if Bouchard sucks defensively than so does Hughes.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
This has been his scouting report for awhile
Literally go read his prospects page

This specific area of his game
He would rather give up possession in the corners, and doesn’t like to battle there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad