GDT: "Bad Eggs" l Carolina Hurricanes @ Winnipeg Jets l MTS Centre l 3 PM

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
That was a big win. Hopefully they've found themselves and are out of the funk for good.

Great bounceback from Peters. Maybe, just maybe, Muller knows what he's doing. I mean he is around these guys everyday so I'm pretty sure he knows what buttons to push and when to push them. Seems like calling out Peters made him step up his game and also willed the guys in front of him to play and help Peters.

Thought Bowman had his best game of the season.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Really good game by the boys today. Season on the brink, they pull one out. win the games and hand, back in first with about 10 games to go. We have the tougher games left, but I honestly feel we're the best team in this division.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Really good game by the boys today. Season on the brink, they pull one out. win the games and hand, back in first with about 10 games to go. We have the tougher games left, but I honestly feel we're the best team in this division.

Same here. That's what is most frustrating about this team; as a whole, they've clearly underachieved up to this point, but they still control their own destiny and have the skill to take the division.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Since I'm usually the one to start the Staal-hunt, I will say Staal has definitely played much better games lately.

Need to see it more consistently throughout the season.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Ryan_Getzlaf.jpg
27038.jpg
eric_staal.jpg

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I was ready for my "Ruutu haters eat crow" thread with his 2 assists in the first period. 3 points in 4 games while being slowly worked back into the lineup is pretty impressive on its own. I hope it's nothing serious.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
missed this one since I'm in the middle of a move. Was pleasantly surprised and glad to see Ruutu scored a couple points. Only after I looked at the box score did I realize he only played 3 minutes.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
That's a shame, because Nash-Ruutu-Jokinen is a servicable enough second line for a few games while J. Staal and Skinner get their heads out of their rear ends.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The problem with the Skinner-Jordan line is no playmaker. Jordan's never been that guy, and Skinner's great at creating chances for himself out of nothing but not so much creating chances for other people. That may eventually change, but this year is not that year. Not sure if I can think of a good winger out there to play that spot, at least not in this years draft. Jagr as a rental would work but we're too far out to even want to make a run at that option.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I was ready for my "Ruutu haters eat crow" thread with his 2 assists in the first period. 3 points in 4 games while being slowly worked back into the lineup is pretty impressive on its own. I hope it's nothing serious.

Ruutu really has been better than expected. He seems faster and more aggressive than last season. His pass for Pitkänen was a thing of beauty too... Really nice passing play on that goal.

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Peters had a good game last night, but isn't it about time for Ellis to be up and running again? Seems like they said he would be out 7-10 days.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Peters had a good game last night, but isn't it about time for Ellis to be up and running again? Seems like they said he would be out 7-10 days.

Maybe they're just being caution. Making sure he doesn't have an infection. I'm not even sure if he's praticing yet, probably needs to before he's ready to go.

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
The problem with the Skinner-Jordan line is no playmaker. Jordan's never been that guy, and Skinner's great at creating chances for himself out of nothing but not so much creating chances for other people. That may eventually change, but this year is not that year. Not sure if I can think of a good winger out there to play that spot, at least not in this years draft. Jagr as a rental would work but we're too far out to even want to make a run at that option.

Hemsky is always thrown around as a player to get here but he has $5M hit for next year when the cap goes down. Doubt they will take any salary back with them as they are still rebuilding with youth.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah if we're doing anything it's going to have to be an expiring contract rental. Just no other way to make the cap work with what we still need to add to the roster heading into next season, even if we fill those extra slots from within.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad