GDT: "Bad Eggs" l Carolina Hurricanes @ Winnipeg Jets l MTS Centre l 3 PM

MD

Dec 1, 2009
NC
Big game for Peters tonight. I think hes still learning how to succeed at the NHL level. Finding consistency will be key for him.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Feeling a lot better after this win. Wasn't sure what team would show up after falling apart at the end of the game against the Leafs. That short handed goal by Staal might have been the one that finally ended this funk.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm still very VERY skeptical that we have enough in the tank right now. 9-6 to close to get the team in the 80+% range for making the playoffs, 50% chance for the division, is doable. But I'm still not sold on this teams confidence and ability to win without Ward in the net. Really needed that Leafs game the other night for sure, and probably needed those Caps and Rangers games we should have been able to win for me to feel comfortable.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hell. Yes. Nothing better than to bust our slump today against Whineypeg in their building. Good GDT + a pregame talk thread undoubtedly helped. Gives me more incentive to get GIMP figured out for my GDT for Monday.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
eric-staal.jpg

canada-goose.jpg

the similarity is astounding.

brilliant :handclap:

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Good GDT, team returns to win column, coincidence? I'm not gonna chance it.

Head Goose, Lead Goose, either way that's a pretty badass nickname.
Still have to think that Chicken Parm is probably the best over the last 30 years though.

Well so be it, if Staal is Lead Goose, then it's Lead Goose. It's just that when I think of geese I think of how many I used to shoot out of the sky.

Which reminds me, you know how when you look up the sky and see a big flock of geese, and they always fly in that V pattern following the lead goose. But I'm also sure you've noticed that there will always be one of the legs of the V this is longer than the other. Do you know why that is?

Because there's more geese on that side.

I'll be here all week.

Bellemy

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I understand scrolling through the OP can get a little monotonous in picture-heavy threads like this. Would you rather me represent my theme over a few lines or just keep on with the pictures? Stopping midway seemed a little awkward but I'm not sure having a massive GDT is any less awkward.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Finally got some production from the 3rd line. Nash and the Finns.

But we won't win many games if we are counting our 1st line, good as it may be, to score two goals per. Need Skinner and J. Staal to step it up. Someone is going to have to start passing the puck.

Anyone else give a quick generalization of the game? Didn't see it, was touring Fenway Park.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Finally got some production from the 3rd line. Nash and the Finns.

But we won't win many games if we are counting our 1st line, good as it may be, to score two goals per. Need Skinner and J. Staal to step it up. Someone is going to have to start passing the puck.

Anyone else give a quick generalization of the game? Didn't see it, was touring Fenway Park.

Canes score early and then get a second one before the 10 minute mark. Dominate first.
Jets score early in the second and then we hang on for dear life in that period with a bit of help from some undisciplined Jets penalties. Blow some primo PP chances.
Lead Goose scores early in the 3rd to put the team up 2 and we eventually go into trap mode up 3-1, it works.

love seeing your 0 vCash LOL

Hmmmm, maybe we need more vCash sacrifices to the hockey gods before games.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
How about the brilliant coaching maneuver by Muller? Tell the truth after last game, saying Peters played like *******, motivating him to have what can only be described as a very good game, bordering on outstanding. He definitely out coached Noel today.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Well, I'm down near Tampa for the weekend and haven't watched a game since last weekend. Glad to see the boys take home the W. Thank you, Novacane, for taking that GDT for me and putting effort into it for the team to respond to.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Why does E. Staal scream like Howard Dean everytime he's on the ice for a goal?

I've seen 10 year olds who don't celebrate getting a point as much as he does.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Whoever has the next GDT needs to make it goose themed.

That'd be me, but I'm not planning on a goose-themed GDT for two reasons. I've already started working on the images for it and also because I think it'd be bad juju to pull out a goose-themed thread for an away game against Montreal. The pate and fois gras jokes would write themselves too.

WWAD

Aug 20, 2009
Not sure if sad I forgot the game was an early one

...or elated that we finally won again.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I understand scrolling through the OP can get a little monotonous in picture-heavy threads like this. Would you rather me represent my theme over a few lines or just keep on with the pictures? Stopping midway seemed a little awkward but I'm not sure having a massive GDT is any less awkward.

Anyone? I won't be offended by any critiques.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I thought it was great, personally. I had no problems with scrolling through the pictures.
Agreed. I quite enjoyed it. Personally, your other GDT with the faces (I think it was Novacane) was the funniest GDT in my opinion. I have thoroughly enjoyed my first season on this forum.

Thanks guys.

And yes, that was me. I don't think I'll ever match the effort that went into that one. I probably sunk 8 hours into that. Those have to be a once a year occurrence. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad