Backstrom played with broken finger

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I say what happened to Brooks Orpik is a lot worse.

Well, now we know more about that game misconduct and major penalty at the end of game 2 of the finals. Interesting to look back at that thread and how many people were convinced Houla hadn't slashed Orpik at all.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
This is no knock on Backstrom, but playing with a broken finger would be considered pretty minor in the hockey world. Even when I was playing junior, we'd have guys playing with broken fingers, wrists, dislocated shoulders, during the regular season. Hockey players are tougher than most people know(if you haven't actually played at a somewhat competitive level). I think it would be very shocking to someone on the outside to suddenly be on the inside. Almost everyone has some kind of injury at all points of the season. Pulled muscles, swelling, dislocations, breaks, etc. It's all common and not a shocker.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Uhh, yeah... he did.

And then won the cup.
Then what is the point in these kinds of threads? He broke his finger and still played OMG what a warrior. This is not directed at Backstrom primarily but any player who plays through an injury should not be news.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Then what is the point in these kinds of threads? He broke his finger and still played OMG what a warrior. This is not directed at Backstrom primarily but any player who plays through an injury should not be news.
Then why not just skip over the thread? It’s not like the title leaves you guessing what it’s about. If you think it’s pointless yet still decided to participate, whatever man, that’s on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad