Injury Report: Backes and Allen to miss the remainder of the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
How hilarious would it be if Nilsson is our starter in game one of the playoffs

My reaction when my friend said "Nilsson doesn’t suck... Maybe he could Jon Casey it."

CXigLtz.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What did we do to piss off the hockey gods this year?

In here HF Blues board there has been couple 'wrong thinkers' who build up some sinful and vicious hope, they've believed this is the year and last big mistake was they pray for hockey God(s).

I think we should burn them!!!

witch-burning.jpg

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Sounds like Ott may have taken a step backwards, not on the ice today. I think he's a long-shot to get into a game before the end of the season. I had hopes that he would return to spark a little extra juice from the team for otherwise meaningless games (sure home ice would be nice, etc, but the playoffs start next week regardless....it can be hard to get up for the last couple).

Its a tough ask to have your first game back be a playoff game, but a veteran like Ott is a guy that can do it. However, I'd view him more as injury depth in that case.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Last year Blues playoff games started 16th of April so it would be 10 days to heal up. Idk real schedule just assume we have that timeline, doesn't look good for Allen.

Its a tough ask to have your first game back be a playoff game, but a veteran like Ott is a guy that can do it. However, I'd view him more as injury depth in that case.

Ott have always played his 'best' games against Chicago. He would be important in 4th line spot, Upshall - Brodziak - Ott

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I really don't even want Ott back in the lineup. He played decently on the ice but he basically made a circus of himself against Minnesota last year. I mean, you can only trash talk so much as a 4th liner before the other team just starts laughing at you since you don't impact the game that much, and that's what they did. Sometimes I think Ott's yapping probably helps the other team more than it does us.

I mean your 12th forward really doesn't matter, they're not going to be a factor in who wins the series. Reaves is playing just fine there, and can hit harder than anyone if we really need to drill someone.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i wouldnt start elliott again period. let him get healthy assuming he is a little dinged up here. winning the division is not worth losing our healthy goalie.

Health + playing hawks in round 1 > division title and playing minny with dinged up team IMO

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
i wouldnt start elliott again period. let him get healthy assuming he is a little dinged up here. winning the division is not worth losing our healthy goalie.

Health + playing hawks in round 1 > division title and playing minny with dinged up team IMO

We're already crippled. I think win Chicago is important game, 'cus that would seal the deal we have home advance. So 1st playoff game we've advance to match-up lines + Keith is out 1st game. I think that is game factor for 1st game have home advance.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

So you're starting Nilsson? That's preposterous. Allen has an injured knee and Elliott probably has a boo boo on his hand, so you want to start Nilsson? Or are you pretending Allen is healthy?

Edit - I took you to mean for the playoffs, but I think you mean these last two regular season games only.

Last edited:

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
So you're starting Nilsson? That's preposterous. Allen has an injured knee and Elliott probably has a boo boo on his hand, so you want to start Nilsson? Or are you pretending Allen is healthy?

Edit - I took you to mean for the playoffs, but I think you mean these last two regular season games only.

if elliott gets hurt, we WILL have to start nilsson in a playoff game. these last 2 games mean VERY LITTLE in the long scheme of things. start him and lets roll. washington is gonna throw out a AHL lineup saturday and all we need is one point for home ice. Nilsson played well enough vs the avs to get us one lousy point (assuming chicago wins out). the risk of the division is not worth it since we have no margin for error now with allen hurt. elliott's health is this teams #1 priority now.

we are going to have to go thru chicago to win the cup. may as well get them in round 1 when they miss keith for a game AND crawford might not be ready to go and if he is, he will be rusty most likely.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Haha Ott set back another 2 weeks with Colitis.

Not that I really care but that's just the story of our season. Hopefully we're just getting them out of the way and will be pretty healthy next year.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
bernie just said on the pregame show that allen will be ready to go for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad