Injury Report: Backes and Allen to miss the remainder of the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
I don't remember Backes getting injured? He was chipper in the post-game.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
This is painful at this point. Get the regular season effing over with already.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
I imagine it's just resting DB so he can be ready to shut some people down in the postseason. But who knows...

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Hopefully Backes is just precautionary and he's ready for the playoffs. While his offensive stats aren't impressive, he needs to be the guy to shut down opposing top lines. Lehtera is a train wreck defensively and I don't want to neuter Stastny's offensive capabilities by forcing him to adopt a shut down role.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Given the more offensive role that Stastny has taken on (which I am completely ok with), we're really going to need Backes to do the heavy lifting defensively.

God this team just can't catch a break.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
backes injury sounds like a maintenance thing. he looked very good last night.

who knows about allen though

The Zombonis

Mar 27, 2012
Illinois
As a St. Louis sports fan, are the two professional teams trying to have a race to see who has more injuries? My goodness, in the last week alone we have:
Blues: Allen and Backes
Cardinals: Walden, Tejada, B. Pena, Pham

I thought athletes were supposed to be more durable. Are they just pushing the limits more, or what is the deal? Never seen such a run of injuries as we have over the past 12-18 months. Maybe it's the information age and we are more aware of those injuries as compared to before?

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
backes injury sounds like a maintenance thing. he looked very good last night.

who knows about allen though

That would be more believable if they didn't still have a decent amount to play for. They do.

Hopefully it wasn't some harmless looking blocked shot that turned into a broken foot or something.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That would be more believable if they didn't still have a decent amount to play for. They do.

Hopefully it wasn't some harmless looking blocked shot that turned into a broken foot or something.

If it does turn out to be a broken foot for Backes, I'd bet my bottom dollar he'll be playing in the playoffs.

Mar 6, 2012
Not a single game this season will have been played with a complete roster. Not one.

The injuries this season have been like some sort of bad joke.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yes and no. It's more important to give Backes rest than to chase the #1 spot in the division. We'll have home-ice against the Pacific, and we'll likely have home-ice in round 1. It's also going to be tough to pass Dallas as they have 2 home games against Colorado and Nashville, and if we beat Arizona, we'll have at Chicago and home against Washington. They have the tie-breaker and easier matchups.

Even if we pass Dallas, we'll still likely play the same teams. It is more important to rest a guy like Backes than to play him when it likely won't matter much.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
This doesn't concern me that much. I think Backes will be fine for playoffs judging on no visible injuries on the ice last night. Allen being injured is discouraging but I don't think that there was a clear choice for the playoffs so Hitch just had the decision made for him.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
So have the Blues switched goalies during a game more times from the starter getting chased or from the starter getting injured?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This means that the only player to play in every game will be Troy Brouwer
And you know for sure Oshie wouldn't have done that. What a beastly trade.

Anyways, really hope these guys are good to go next week for the playoffs.

The Zombonis

Mar 27, 2012
Illinois
And somehow this still isn't as severe as two years ago when half the Blues forwards were injured right before the playoffs. Remember that fiasco? Of course there's still time - three more games to get through!

If they can get to the finish line in half decent shape, health wise, I'll take my chances with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad