Post-Game Talk: Back to earth

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
For those worried that the bye week will somehow invigorate the Wings, haven't most teams so far lost badly coming off their bye weeks?

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Mrasuck gave the first goal away as a primary assist. Looked like the way he lost game 7 last year. Hard to win with this joker.

What? Mrazek has been playing lights out lately, only reason the Wings (sadly) got those two wings during the weekend. The first goal was an awful read, but he made more than enough game savers to make up for it.

Last edited:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
What? Mrazek has been playing lights out lately, only reason the Wings (sadly) got those two wings during the weekend. The first goal was an awful read, but he made more than enough game savers to make up for it.

Yeah. He stole us two out of the last three games. He gave up one bad goal misplaying the puck...but we wouldn't have even been in the game to begin with if not for Mrazek, whether he spots them a goal or not.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
There is to much talk about not selling and holding on to hope by Holland/media. We are the worst team in the East and absolutely need to sell. This talk by Mickey and Osgood about how we could just be 4 points out if we won tonight makes me really uncomfortable.

Also Mickey this team is not 'caught in the middle'

I know its annoying but they have to cater to the casual fan that thinks this team is still a dynasty and tow the party line.

Funny it ends up being the Islanders to sour a win streak

For those worried that the bye week will somehow invigorate the Wings, haven't most teams so far lost badly coming off their bye weeks?

I have seen some stats come out on this that teams are pushing for a schedule that has teams coming off bye week playing other teams coming off bye week. I guess the rested teams statistically are getting creamed.

DatsMagic

Feb 21, 2017
There is to much talk about not selling and holding on to hope by Holland/media. We are the worst team in the East and absolutely need to sell. This talk by Mickey and Osgood about how we could just be 4 points out if we won tonight makes me really uncomfortable.

Also Mickey this team is not 'caught in the middle'

Mickey and Osgood are delusional. I get they have to be homers and all that, but they actually think this is a good team. "Welp, the wings are just having a bad stretch, they will be better when the injured players get back on the ice."

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Mickey and Osgood are delusional. I get they have to be homers and all that, but they actually think this is a good team. "Welp, the wings are just having a bad stretch, they will be better when the injured players get back on the ice."

They aren't delusional. There've been occasions where the masks slip and their critique of the team is far more biting. They're just moderating their true opinions because it's a damn TV broadcast and they ultimately depend on goodwill between them, the fans, and Wings ownership/management.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Yeah. He stole us two out of the last three games. He gave up one bad goal misplaying the puck...but we wouldn't have even been in the game to begin with if not for Mrazek, whether he spots them a goal or not.

If Mrazek can steal 2/3 games and the other one is a stinker...that would be fantastic news.

Even if Mrazek didn't pass them the puck and let them score...we lost 2-1. Not many games you win with 1 goal.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I know its annoying but they have to cater to the casual fan that thinks this team is still a dynasty and tow the party line.
But there's starting to be more chatter that even casual fans are warming up to rebuilding:

http://mapleleafsaggr.com/stories/7870/hc-at-noon-people-of-detroit-ready-for-a-proper-rebuild.html

The Sportsnet video it references is with Ken Daniels. If talk has gotten to the point that the play-by-play guy discusses it in an interview, I think even many casual fans are aware of things.

Most local broadcasters are just homers by nature.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
They aren't delusional. There've been occasions where the masks slip and their critique of the team is far more biting. They're just moderating their true opinions because it's a damn TV broadcast and they ultimately depend on goodwill between them, the fans, and Wings ownership/management.
Plus, they fly on the same plane. They know they ultimately serve at the pleasure of the Detroit Red Wings. So you can be critical when the team is critical of itself, but you don't get to kick them when they're down, even if they deserve it, and even if your audience wants to see it.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If you want to be a real hockey market and trademark yourself as Hockeytown you kinda have to accept that real conversation is going to take place. I find it impossible for any fan to view this team as being a Cup contender. Even the die hard "rebuild on the fly" proponents are stuck trying to square their position with the fact we are the worst team in the East. On the fly? Not sure how anyone can use that phrase seriously anymore. We'll get a few who say this was a one year blip but that's going to be tough to support, you could easily support that view in Tampa where you went to back to back ECFs.

So congratulations to the Wings for finally allowing the team mouthpieces to adddress the elephant in the room!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad