Post-Game Talk: Back to earth

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Abdelkader is absolutely atrocious can't believe the amount and length we are paying him. Another genius move kenny

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
There is to much talk about not selling and holding on to hope by Holland/media. We are the worst team in the East and absolutely need to sell. This talk by Mickey and Osgood about how we could just be 4 points out if we won tonight makes me really uncomfortable.

Also Mickey this team is not 'caught in the middle'

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Never fun losing, but this was an important loss to remind Holland that beating Pittsburgh and Washington didn't all of a sudden make us into a good team. It's going to be a long break, hopefully followed by an eventful trade deadline.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
:laugh: The 5 day rest is needed, the guys are spent! I'd have to imagine the weekend games/travel took their toll. The only chance of winning the Wings have is to put forth a superhuman effort- that drains teams more than others.

From the little I've seen the Isles seemed to have lost their lustre a bit. Without Okposo Nielsen and Martin, Boychuck is another year older, the Ladd deal. They don't have that pop like the last seasons, for example the rival with the Rangers was some of the best hockey in the league. How much is moving from their old building an effect?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Mrazek is the only reason we've been competitive in the past couple games. He's good but he can't carry this team. It just goes to show how awful the Howard contract was when you had someone of Mrazek's caliber breathing down his neck and ready to take the starter job.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
:laugh: The 5 day rest is needed, the guys are spent! I'd have to imagine the weekend games/travel took their toll. The only chance of winning the Wings have is to put forth a superhuman effort- that drains teams more than others.

From the little I've seen the Isles seemed to have lost their lustre a bit. Without Okposo Nielsen and Martin, Boychuck is another year older, the Ladd deal. They don't have that pop like the last seasons, for example the rival with the Rangers was some of the best hockey in the league. How much is moving from their old building an effect?

:laugh::laugh::laugh: this is 90% of your posts this year. No, the guys aren't spent, we just lack elite NHL talent. One of these days you will figure this out.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
:laugh::laugh::laugh: this is 90% of your posts this year. No, the guys aren't spent, we just lack elite NHL talent. One of these days you will figure this out.

Mrasuck gave the first goal away as a primary assist. Looked like the way he lost game 7 last year. Hard to win with this joker.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

Even a team of 3rd liners can have fresh legs or skating slow and labored compared to a better night. You can see when players are trying to move their legs and they won't go. I've experienced it enough to understand. Remember the DeKeyser shift recently when he was paralyzed with fatigue? Mrazek passed him the puck to dump it out he could barely move his stick. Everybody and their mother know the Wings lack talent. I'm startled you can't tell the difference if they're fatigued or not.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
There is to much talk about not selling and holding on to hope by Holland/media. We are the worst team in the East and absolutely need to sell. This talk by Mickey and Osgood about how we could just be 4 points out if we won tonight makes me really uncomfortable.

Also Mickey this team is not 'caught in the middle'

I listened to all of Mickey's segments I think he was guiding fans through the mindset of the "braintrust" as he called it. Different things to consider. He said tonight was an important game in deciding this week. He was pretty vague that the Wings could be sellers but the timing has to be right. He definitely proposed both sides of the argument for or against selling. Osgood was pissed off, haha.

Mickey made a good point about the decision being corporate and the entire team will sit down. Ownership, Martin, Chelios, Draper, Devellano are as involved as Holland Let's remember that as we take in what the Wings do this week.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
8 points out of the wild card. Florida and Boston each have 3 games during Detroit's bye week.

Looking like 10+ points out of it at the deadline. Less is indeed more, Kenny.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
It's really unfortunate. The NHL have us an extremely favorable schedule by have having this 5 day rest so late in the season and right before a West coast trip.

It's too bad the team is out of it. I mean this is the kind of thing that helps out the old vets.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Losses like this are annoying. Isles didn't play a very good game. We gave them some very easy goals, and had a complete lack of push in the second half of the game. A powerplay late in the game, perfect opportunity to get back in it.. and we basically fail to get controlled o-zone possession even once. Blash wastes his timeout on a stupid challenge, we keep making difficult passes instead of just shooting the puck, no urgency, no desperation. After just playing two great games.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
this bis good

while its fun to beat the caps and pens

the worst thing for this franchise would be for it to continue to gain enough points to convince holland to not sell under the belief that the players deserve every shot to make the playoffs

only to fall short and pick 12th with nothing else to show for their failure

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
Anyone else pretty much only watch the first period and say "Yup, I've had enough" and then not worry about the game anymore?

Yeah, I have been doing that for a while now. I then check Mlive the next day, and don't know how many times got a chuckle out of the headline like "Watch highlights of Detroit-St. Louis 2-0 loss"

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Hank is a pro's pro and Mrazek has been better but this team is beyond frustrating to watch. I don't know which team will show up. I'm losing faith in Blashill but also it's a poorly constructed team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad