Pre-Game Talk: Back to Back: Ottawa/Colorado in SWEDEN (Friday afternoon & Saturday afternoon games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Figured we should start talking about these 2 "must win" games, since the SENS will flying out tonight, to Sweden.

Friday afternoon @ 2:00 pm on TSN. (away, white jersey's)

Sat'day afternoon @ 1:00pm on SportsNet/CBC ??? (home, red jersey's)

sens O.jpg
vs. :avs

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I will be quite annoyed if Rodewald plays in Sweden. Enough of him already please. Get White up here.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I will be quite annoyed if Rodewald plays in Sweden. Enough of him already please. Get White up here.

IMO The philosophy has to change to bring White and/or Chabot up... these guys need to play. To come up and sit on the bench, I'd rather have Rodewald doing that. As a 4th line grinder I don't think Rodewald is too bad for that role

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
IMO The philosophy has to change to bring White and/or Chabot up... these guys need to play. To come up and sit on the bench, I'd rather have Rodewald doing that. As a 4th line grinder I don't think Rodewald is too bad for that role
I'd like to see paul play that 4th line grinder role while we keep the younger guys in the A.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think if they were to play Hoffman & Duchene together they would also have to have a defensive forward with them to try & have some sort of defensive conscience on that line. I like Smith with Stone to help turn him back into a scoring forward again. Looking at this lineup you could switch around the two top RWers & the top 3 LWers. The lineup doesn't really look any different or that much better with Duchene over Turris tbh, IMO this just looks like another money trade. Hopefully, at the least Duchene can produce as much as Turris did while here & at the most get into the NHL's top 10 scorers.

Smith - Duchene - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - DiDomenico
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt/Rodewald

Reactions: Cosmix

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
Yes it is long wait for weekend! I will attend the saturday game. My second game watching Ottawa. Last time was in 2008, the opener of that season against Pens. Will be interesting to see how Duchene effects the jump of tbe team. I am not convinced Duchene is the right kind of center Sens need, though. He is not controlling and slowing the plays and is too much of a rushing center. Now I have not seen him
that much past seasons so it is just my impression of him.

I am worried about Karlsson, have been since the slice. He proved me wrong on the adjustement from that. But this time, I doubt he ever will be versitile on skates again and has to play a positional old fsshioned style with crisp passes to forwards instead of skating out of situations. That might not be bad for team but less fun to watch.

Reactions: playasRus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad