Post-Game Talk: Back to Back Hattricks for Matthews

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That was a good old fashioned curb stomping

Man are the Ducks bad, I can remember a time they used to beat the hell out of our boys
Giving them a good kicking won't ever get old, especially Gudas

Great all-around effort, tenacity, speed and commitment all over the ice and nobody disappointed

Proud of the lads

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
One of the most enjoyable games I've seen in some time

Complete domination from top to bottom. There's nothing more to say about Auston Matthews at this point, he is the best goal scorer I have ever witnessed

Bobby McMann is taking his newfound responsibility and shining. Keefe needs to keep giving him L3 + PP2 minutes

Go get Noah Hanifin and let's hope we play Boston in round 1

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice to see McMann going.. I really like his game and confidence can go a long way.

Lily getting big minutes again and doing well. Maybe the Rielly suspension is a blessing in disguise. Lily gets an opportunity with more ice time than normal, could be a way to settle into a rhythm.

Matthews' taking care of Bert to get him off the snide.

Be nice to get this version of Domi out a bit more too.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I expected Bert and Willy to look better without JT, and I wasn't disappointed.

I did not expect the PP to look better, especially that much better, without JT.

4 for 5 (and the fifth was 13 seconds to start the third?)

Liljegren looked good, particularly on the PP. Domi looked decent at 2C, although I'd still like to see Willy get a good run there.

Good for Keefe not driving up the score. (Can you imagine the main boards if he had, particularly after the Rielly incident?)

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
One of the most enjoyable games I've seen in some time

Complete domination from top to bottom. There's nothing more to say about Auston Matthews at this point, he is the best goal scorer I have ever witnessed

Bobby McMann is taking his newfound responsibility and shining. Keefe needs to keep giving him L3 + PP2 minutes

Go get Noah Hanifin and let's hope we play Boston in round 1

Reilly - Brodie
Hannafin - Lilly
McCabe - Benoit

Yeah, I'd take that for our D heading into the playoffs. In an ideal world, we'd get replace Brodie too, but I just don't really see that happening.

Reactions: arso40

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Everyone had a great game.
AM was AM.
Willie was styling.
MM showed he can be our missing RD.
TJ snd Lilly played well.
McCabe was good.
Benoit was smashing.
Domi showed passion.
Bert breaking his streak.
McMann and Robbie were buzzing.
Even Kampf looked good.
Most of all, JT was quiet and effective. He needs to keep playing like tonight and the Wins will come.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Should be interesting who they call up. Gio can take all the time he needs. Prayers to him and his family. All our veteran D depth is already here or injured. It's Kokkonen or Niemela and outside chance Villeneuve coming I think. Our depth has been really good, but it's always more exciting to see young D prospects coming up. If it's a strict style for style move, it's probably Kokkonen. If it's talent than Niemela is called up. I'm fine with any of the two. Love both of them. PK doesn't really matter since both can do it and you won't need it. McCabe, Benoit, Lilly and Brodie will handle those duties. My guess is Kokkonen comes up.
Of course if Rielly's suspension is reduced and comes back next game than all this is moot, but I doubt it.

Reactions: arso40

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I had a notification that I had a post deleted, I don’t know… how do I find out what post and why? Thanks

There's a Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to get specifics but from what I can tell you quoted a post that was deleted, so it wasn't yours rather another posters.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad