Post-Game Talk: Back in Calgary. Thanks for the 1st and Moneyhands! Habs win.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Markstrom had a great season, there’s a reversion to the norm happening - similar to NYR (Shesterkin) or as we saw soo many years with Price, goalies can cover team flaws

Hey Jake... when you get outgoalied by Mike Smith... it's time to hang 'em up, buddy.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I can't believe Caufield already played 100 games for the Habs. Where does the time go?

1669999271394.png

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
MSL have to keep Slaf on the second line from now on...

Not necessarily. It's a game/game monitor. If he keeps playing like last night, it forces his hand and that's what they are counting on. If he struggles in other games, then we manage it cause we don't want to ruin the momentum/confidence.

This is not about goals and assists. This is about puck management and experience and not spoiling a kid.

Give MSL a break. If he wants to move Slaf on another line, he will and he will have a reason he don't have to share with us. Lets not be those type of fans where we try to undermine what MSL is doing. That's background noise we don't need.

Reactions: HelloBellyvo

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Well... I always believed in Allen ;) Lol... Jake, buddy, WTF are you doing? Trying to prove something?

Habs played a terrible game... the number of give aways... It was something else.

I know I will get a lot of flack for this but Habs worst trio tonight? Suzuki's. They looked completely off, very nonchalant, all these fancy play attempts... Sure, great goal scored on PP by Caufield, and fantastic pass by Suzuki on that, but overall... I really did not like their game. They've been quiet for a few games now, but tonight was just bad for me.

Also, I am done with Matheson. BRING BACK PETRY!!! (the playoffs one... with devil eyes)

It was great that Slaf scored.

Also, what's with Guhle? I caught a sight of him limping off the ice just before the final whistle. Any update on him?
Petry is the much superior player. This team needs a real #1 D if we want to be anything more than a bubble team.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
How did Arber do on the right with Harris ?
Haven't watch the game.

Not a good night for both of them individually AND together. Arber was on the left and Harris on the right side.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He came into the league right smack in the middle of WW2 and the league was missing a lot of players.
What’s interesting though is that he went toe to toe vs prime Gordie Howe and beat him for the goal titles. His stats may have been a little inflated for those years but he was every bit the all-time great that he’s considered to be. The guy was money in the playoffs too. I’d put him over Beliveau. Doug Harvy would be right there with him. Richard was the epitome of a big game player.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Petry is the much superior player. This team needs a real #1 D if we want to be anything more than a bubble team.

I haven't watched petry this year so I can't say who is better, but I know matheson is better than what he has shown.

I still think he's trying to find his groove on a new team, which is further complicated by the major injury layoff. Heck, Edmundson is still on the same club and he still has had his own struggles after a long layoff and no camp.

Matheson's movement doesn't look as crisp as it usually is, so I do wonder if he's still dealing with something.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The flames remind me of the Julien-era habs. The goalie taking the blame because he allowed two goals, while the team hides behind the total shot count despite generating maybe only 3 grade A scoring chances.

• Love
Reactions: jrom and nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The flames remind me of the Julien-era habs. The goalie taking the blame because he allowed two goals, while the team hides behind the total shot count despite generating maybe only 3 grade A scoring chances.
I believe I remember Sutter praising Therrien around 2015 after we played LA saying that the system was very strong. I’m not surprised his outdated dinosaur philosophy isn’t working with their skilled players. The game has outgrown the Sutter’s, Babcock’s, Tippet’s, Julien’s of the world.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I believe I remember Sutter praising Therrien around 2015 after we played LA saying that the system was very strong. I’m not surprised his outdated dinosaur philosophy isn’t working with their skilled players. The game has outgrown the Sutter’s, Babcock’s, Tippet’s, Julien’s of the world.
It truly has. And not to discredit these guys, because they were the top guys in their era, but the game has changed. It's on management to discern these things.

I feel for the flames, because they got older and are heading to the much dreaded no man's land. Licking my chops for that 2026 pick.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It truly has. And not to discredit these guys, because they were the top guys in their era, but the game has changed. It's on management to discern these things.

I feel for the flames, because they got older and are heading to the much dreaded no man's land. Licking my chops for that 2026 pick.

I'm not ready to count out the flames just yet. Sutter had a good year with them last season, and I think he can finish strong this year.

I was mentioning in the offseason when so many people were praising the flames that we should temper our expectations.

The amount of overhaul they introduced into their core this year is very high. Many players are trying to find themselves with so many new teammates. It takes time, and Sutter will have to get them all on the same page by the time it counts for real.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the flames figure it out eventually at the right time, but I never expected them to fight for the division title just because of this inevitable transition period.

I'm not ready to count out the flames just yet. Sutter had a good year with them last season, and I think he can finish strong

I was mentioning in the offseason when so many people were praising the flames that we should temper our expectations.

The amount of overhaul they introduced into their core this year is very high. Many players are trying to find themselves with so many new teammates. It takes time, and Sutter will have to get them all on the same page by the time it counts for real.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if the flames figure it out eventually at the right time, but I never expected them to fight for the division title just because of this inevitable transition period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad