Back in Black

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
40 years ago the most amazing album ever was released. Not the best, most amazing.

There isn't another band in history that was on their way to the Hall of Fame (whatever that is worth) that lost a legendary front man and became MUCH bigger.

To have released this just 6 months after Bon Scott died is almost beyond understanding. The 7th highest selling album of all time after the band should have gone away or lost their magic like every other band that loses their front man. It's amazing.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
the original nickleback

tenor.gif

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It looks like it was released on the 25th, so 40 years tomorrow, but close enough!

I listened to it from start to finish (twice) just yesterday. It really is amazing how strong it is. It's one of those rare albums that could've produced more singles than it did.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
.........and with this release started one of the greatest hard rock conflicts and debates of all time. How much of the lyrics that appeared on the album Back in Black were written by Bon Scott? Only two songs, Back in Black and Hells Bells, are not open for debate. One song, Rock n Roll aint noise pollution, is something that Bon Scott had written on the wall of his prison cell in Perth, Australia before he joined ACDC. Bon was famous for tossing money to their opening acts, who were usually dead broke and told them "to have a drink on me". Songs like What do ya do for money, Let me put my love into you, given the dog a bone and others, just reek of Bon's tongue in cheek songwriting that the Young brother and Johnson, just did not have.

Reactions: angusyoung

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
381px-ACDC_In_Tacoma_2009.jpg

They are from Australia and it's the 25th there.
Brothers Malcolm, Angus, and George Young were born in Glasgow, Scotland living at 6 Skerryvore Road in the Cranhill area.[16] The Big Freeze of 1963 was the worst winter on record in Scotland with snow eight feet (2.4 m) deep. A TV advertisement at the same time offered assisted travel for families for a different life in Australia.[17] Fifteen members of the Young family left Scotland by plane in late June 1963. Before moving into a house at 4 Burleigh Street in the suburb of Burwood they initially stayed at Villawood Migrant Hostel (a site later developed as Villawood Immigration Detention Centre) in Nissen huts, where George Young befriended another migrant, Dutchman Harry Vanda.[17]
AC/DC - Wikipedia

They're originally from Scotland.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Count me in as someone who finds AC/DC's music to be pretty lame and uninteresting (not Nickelback bad of course, but I'd probably put them near the bottom of a lot of the bands that are critically acclaimed), but to each their own, I guess.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Count me in as someone who finds AC/DC's music to be pretty lame and uninteresting (not Nickelback bad of course, but I'd probably put them near the bottom of a lot of the bands that are critically acclaimed), but to each their own, I guess.

Kind of ironic considering that's how many feel about your posts.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad