Movies: BABYLON Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Diego Calva, Tobey Maguire

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

This is one of those movies that could have a more interesting back story than the actual movie. When the movie was first announced they said it was going to be about the first "It" girl in Hollywood.

While the movie was in production, the rumours of what Bow did in her life were discussed and they decided to make it more fictional and change the title and go off in a different direction

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Judging by its opening weekend at NA Box Office it wasn't enough

yep

Kaboom

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It definitely is a mess, but it is an interesting mess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point Robbie needs Barbie to be smash hit because she is starting to show she doesn't have much appeal at box office being part of two of the biggest bombs in recent memory

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Is a 25-minute orgy something you want to watch in a theater? Sounds more like something that's going to drive up streaming numbers. :naughty:
there is 25 minute orgy in the movie. That will get peoples attention
Have not heard anything about this scene, it must not be very memorable

The orgy scene was too long, too much, too gross and set up a lousy pace for the movie. A midget riding a big fake dick that shoots out a white substance, items getting shoved up people's rears, and a fat guy getting pissed on. And those are just what I remember.

And frankly, I'm just not aroused by graphic 1920's styled sex scenes.

I could have done without it.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The orgy scene was too long, too much, and too gross. A midget riding a big fake dick that shoots out a white substance, items getting shoved up people's rears, a fat guy getting pissed on and frankly, I'm just not aroused by graphic 1920's sex scenes.

What the actual f*** did I just read

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What the actual f*** did I just read
it is from the book hollywood babylon

The orgy was part of a reported gang bang that Cara Bow participated in where John Wayne was reportedly at.

It has been disproven after someone looked at the timing of the reported event and where everyone was at the time. Clara Bow's assistant sued here and made all the allegations in court. so right or wrong, they fall into public domain to be reported as fact and not allegations.

Although many of Anger's claims have been denounced as untrue since the book's initial publication,[3][2] it is nonetheless responsible for many oft-quoted urban legends. For example, it claimed that Clara Bow engaged in sex with the entire USC football team, including a young John Wayne, a fallacy which has been debunked several times.[3] Bow's sons considered suing Anger at the time of the book's second release

Like I posted originally..I think if they had stuck to the original story of being Bow's story it would have far more interesting.

Not saying Bow was G rated in anyway shape or form--but due to what her assistant did, her public image was changed.

Originally the story was to be a juxtaposition of how the media can twist and control how the public and history view someone

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
The orgy scene was too long, too much, too gross and set up a lousy pace for the movie. A midget riding a big fake dick that shoots out a white substance, items getting shoved up people's rears, and a fat guy getting pissed on. And those are just what I remember.

Sounds like an AEW match with The Young Bucks and Omega

• Haha
Reactions: End on a Hinote

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I know things changed half way through shooting if you mean that..
not seen the movie yet
The article was referring to the real life Clara Bow, not the Babylon movie. They didnt do that pronoun BS back then far as I know

In most of article they use hers but some they say his. Here is one example which ends with she derves it.. It is a tad confusing:
"Unfortunately, not even with Babylon is his memory treated with the necessary respect and distance. Will we ever have a careful version of his life? She deserves it."

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Hard to imagine a 25 minute non XXX orgy scene. How much of it if any was centered around Margot Robbie's character? Will this be her "Showgirls" and basically end her Hollywood career?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad