OT: Babcock takes coaching job with University of Vermont (July 2020)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He’s been garbage for 10+ years and his reputation is shot

I doubt he’s going to ever change his ways so good luck to him with rehabbing his rep
Sure thing. Just like Quenneville suddenly became garbage after 2016 and Sutter after 2014. I'm sure the roster didn't have anything to do with it. And players tune out coaches after a while.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I remember reading something somewhere that said when NHL coaches get fired/dismissed, they're supposed to find or at least attempt to find some kind of work. Then whatever they get paid at the new gig gets deducted from what they're owed on the NHL contract. Hence why fired coaches end up with vague "advisor" roles or part time gigs on NHL Network and stuff like that. Perhaps an unpaid position counts toward this and it's Babcock's way of sticking it to the Leafs?
This would be hilarious. Another way to troll Toronto.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Unpaid assistant.. how far we fall
I would not be surprised if this was Babcock being able to coach again while still earning his salary from Toronto. Doesn't necessarily count as another job if it is on a volunteer basis.

If Babcock was actually looking for a paid coaching gig I have to imagine there are plenty of teams willing to pay for his services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad