Babcock interview

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure if he would project to get a shot in 3 years but I like the idea of putting Tyler Bertuzzi in that 4th line spot. He's basically Callahan with actual offensive skill.

Agree, Callahan has given himself a shot by committing to what Blashill preached. However, he is going to have to transition to the NHL in a much better fashion than he did to either the WHL or AHL. If he has a slow start he isn't going to last long, especially in this organization with what is chasing him.

Tyler Bertuzzi was very impressive when they got his neck sorted out. He plays on a loaded team, but he is a part of the reason they are so loaded. Outplayed his teammate Dickinson who was a first rounder for the Stars for instance when both were in the lineup. Bert had a very good season all things considered, hoping he gets healthy year in.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Honestly, I think this is similar to what Detroit is hoping happens just as much as you hope, but it's definitely a big wish that so many pieces fall into place over the next few years. I mainly am referring to the fact that you think a top line of Mantha / Sheahen / Nyquist is going to be a legitimate top scoring line in the NHL. I definitely hope you're correct, but it just seems a bit like wishful thinking and isn't something we can just bank on easily. Plus, I think it's entirely possible that Detroit makes Helm/Abby lifetime Wings, especially with how much Babcock seems to love to play Abdelkader, so maybe Abby ends up in here somewhere too. I also think it's going to change in the near future because I do think Detroit will pull the trigger eventually on a top d-man, and will trade an asset or two that the fans on hfboards get upset about losing. We'll see where it goes from here, hopefully this is close to accurate and Detroit's forwards are some of the best in the league.

Oh yeah, that's why I said no particular order to the lines, I don't think Sheahan will be a top line center, im thinking of a 2nd line center is his offensive upside. I think we lack now a number one center.,..

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
kinda random and not really sure where to put this but today I learned that there is a street in Pittsburgh named Babcock Blvd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad