Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Thats a relief because Ottawa isnt doing that. Kyrou is redundant on this Ottawa team just like Debrincat was they have this type of forward. High skill with average defense and little jam. They need another Brady not to lose him. They have to get heavier and harder.
The Sens were a much better team with Debrincat on their team so really strange comment to make.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Its a lateral move. I'll take the cheaper player. Batherson has never been boo'd by his fan base we know that. Both are good skill wingers not what you build a franchise around.
Lmao so now we are determining player value based on crowd boos?

He’s struggled at times this year, but Kyrou has game breaking skill and speed. Not to mention he’s coming off multiple 70+ point seasons (including scoring 37 goals last year).

The reason Batherson is paid less is because he is a lesser player with a weaker track record. Good for him he’s putting together the best season of his career so far, maybe he can top 60 points again.

For the record, Kyrou is 0.77 points/game for his career Batherson is 0.71. The past 3 seasons, Kyrou is 0.91 points/game and Batherson is 0.81. These are not “almost the same” numbers. Won’t even get into raw totals because Kyrou blows him out of the f***ing water.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Thomas just matched his career high of 20 goals, and Brady will be a three time 30+ goal scorer, plus his other intangibles.

Stlcup19

Jul 7, 2022
I have zero desire to add multiple big addictions to Kyrou to get Brady. Going from Kyrou+1st this year+ one of Snuggy/Dvorky/Stenberg/Lindstein to Brady (no matter how good he is), sets us back multiple years if we are forced to rebuild.
I'd be fine with adding a late 1st, not our first (assuming we trade buch and pick up an extra). In that situation, adding Stenberg or Lindstein would be fine, but I think Dvorsky and Snuggy are pretty much untouchable. This lets us keep our true blue chip prospects and our early 1st this year. Could throw in Hofer as well since we may not be able to re-sign him anyway.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Still skate with pros played CIS or now whats called U sports after playing jr b, jr A and in northern new york. Played in multiple playoff series in my lifetime when you battle against a heavy forward or d man over 7 games it takes its toll. But I am sure your ability to read a chart will supersede these experiences.

If you are incapable of understanding both physicality and speed are assets in the sport then you need a new hobby.
Physicallity is a an asset. So is defensive play and offensive output. Two things Thomas does much better than Tkachuck

But I’m sure those “heavy” Pens and Tampa teams would have gladly traded Kucherov and Malkin for Tkachuck in a heartbeat.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
There, you said it in the bolded. Physicality is important, BUT so is speed. That means Kyrou's speed should be factored in. And its not being considered by many here. That is my argument. Not that Brady is bad, but that he is being overrated by many here based on his physicality, while ignoring Kyroi's speed and the effect has.

They produce at somewhat the same ppg pace, a nod to a litttle more for Tkachuk but not much. Both have defensive issues. But Brady is being put 2-3 tiers above Kyrou by many due to physicality while ignoring Kyrou's speed and game-breaking ability. In a vaccuum, Tkachuk is the better player to have than Kyrou, I am not arguing that. But its not by a ton. Factoring in 3 less years on Brady's contract and the AAV he will demand on the next one, its even less if at all, imo.

If you don't want to trade him, that's fine. Say he fills a need and we have other fast players. But saying It would take Kyrou++++++++++++++++++ is just insulting our player when it isn't necessary.
That guys stance that it would take Thomas, Kyrou, a goaltender swap AND a 1st to get Tkachuck is as comical as it gets

Thomas just matched his career high of 20 goals, and Brady will be a three time 30+ goal scorer, plus his other intangibles.
Both Joe Thornton and Adam Oates only reached 30G twice in their entire careers

I guess Tkachuck is better than both?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That guys stance that it would take Thomas, Kyrou, a goaltender swap AND a 1st to get Tkachuck is as comical as it gets

Both Joe Thornton and Adam Oates only reached 30G twice in their entire careers

I guess Tkachuck is better than both?
Lmao, comparing to 7th and 8th all time assist leaders, ya I’m sure Thomas is going to be in that assist category. What a joke of a comparison.

Thomas career 0.79 p/g
Brady career 0.78 p/g

Brady more goals, way more physical.

Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Sens were a much better team with Debrincat on their team so really strange comment to make.
No they werent. They got better goaltending and their special teams was much better, every other metric has them as a better team this year. Look how much better Pinto and Batherson are playing without him.

For a guy that is so sure about the sens your takes are so terrible. You seem to have a strange obsession with the team. Why dont you enjoy the success that Detroit is having this year. Plenty to be happy about, but here you are thread in thread out hating on everything sens. Pretty sad tbh. Your so jaded by this team that your opinion is worthless.

Physicallity is a an asset. So is defensive play and offensive output. Two things Thomas does much better than Tkachuck

But I’m sure those “heavy” Pens and Tampa teams would have gladly traded Kucherov and Malkin for Tkachuck in a heartbeat.
What an idiotic comment. There are no heart trophy level players being discussed to be traded for Tkachuk. You continue to embarasse yourself in every thread.

Reactions: Razor Face

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lmao so now we are determining player value based on crowd boos?

He’s struggled at times this year, but Kyrou has game breaking skill and speed. Not to mention he’s coming off multiple 70+ point seasons (including scoring 37 goals last year).

The reason Batherson is paid less is because he is a lesser player with a weaker track record. Good for him he’s putting together the best season of his career so far, maybe he can top 60 points again.

For the record, Kyrou is 0.77 points/game for his career Batherson is 0.71. The past 3 seasons, Kyrou is 0.91 points/game and Batherson is 0.81. These are not “almost the same” numbers. Won’t even get into raw totals because Kyrou blows him out of the f***ing water.
.77 vs .71 over 82 games is less than 5 points. Batherson has played in the middle of the line up Kyrou has ridden shot gun. This year its almost identical. If you are incapable of math just say so.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lmao, comparing to 7th and 8th all time assist leaders, ya I’m sure Thomas is going to be in that assist category. What a joke of a comparison.

Thomas career 0.79 p/g
Brady career 0.78 p/g

Brady more goals, way more physical.
You’re comparing a goal scorer to a playmaker and using goals as the determining factor as to who is better….

Brady career:
0.78p/g
Jack Hughes career:
0.91 p/g

Do you consider Hughes to just be 0.13 p/game played better offensively than Tkachuck or is using career PPG pretty useless when talking about who they are today?

No they werent. They got better goaltending and their special teams was much better, every other metric has them as a better team this year. Look how much better Pinto and Batherson are playing without him.

For a guy that is so sure about the sens your takes are so terrible. You seem to have a strange obsession with the team. Why dont you enjoy the success that Detroit is having this year. Plenty to be happy about, but here you are thread in thread out hating on everything sens. Pretty sad tbh. Your so jaded by this team that your opinion is worthless.

What an idiotic comment. There are no heart trophy level players being discussed to be traded for Tkachuk. You continue to embarasse yourself in every thread.
You’re the one who said all winning teams had “heavy” teams. That’s just plain false.

Also the Sens are vastly worse in the standings this season than they were last season. That’s kind of the definition of being a better team.

Maybe once the NHL starts awarding points based on fights by your captain the Sens can be considered a successful team

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You’re comparing a goal scorer to a playmaker and using goals as the determining factor as to who is better….

Brady career:
0.78p/g
Jack Hughes career:
0.91 p/g

Do you consider Hughes to just be 0.13 p/game played better offensively than Tkachuck or is using career PPG pretty useless when talking about who they are today?

You’re the one who said all winning teams had “heavy” teams. That’s just plain false.

Also the Sens are vastly worse in the standings this season than they were last season. That’s kind of the definition of being a better team.

Maybe once the NHL starts awarding points based on fights by your captain the Sens can be considered a successful team
So you dont think heavy teams have success in this league? Another unbelievably bad take on your end. Do you not watch the playoffs after the wings are out or didnt qualify or are you just hockey illiterate?

Ottawa's record with a save percentage above .900 is 20-3-0 below .900 is 5-28-3. League average is .904.

Detroits record with Alex Lyon 18-10-2 Detroits record with Reimer and Husso 15-11-6 its almost like good goaltending is a big factor.

Ottawa is last in saves above expected in the league. You can choose to completely ignore this if you want but it just shows your bias.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden_Jet

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
.77 vs .71 over 82 games is less than 5 points. Batherson has played in the middle of the line up Kyrou has ridden shot gun. This year its almost identical. If you are incapable of math just say so.
:laugh:

Yep, I’m incapable of math. Nailed it.

I cant believe this thread is still active lol. Brady isn't getting moved. Period.
Agreed, this “rumor” was shot down days ago. Now it’s just a lot of laughably bad takes and internet dick measuring.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thomas is a two-way 1st line centre. Bradys intangibles might be good but they haven't helped the team much.

Thomas is also on pace to outscored Tkachuk by over 20 points.
Thomas has a much better plus/minus also.............tangibles are always a tough one, because you can't quantify..........called an agents special.

Curious if anyone knows why Brady is not happy in Ottawa now? Is it because Jacques Martin doesn't let him stay on the other teams blue line waiting for breakaways?
Maybe he really does miss DJ? Or.....................this is all because of bloggers and rumours?
lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Thomas has a much better plus/minus also.............tangibles are always a tough one, because you can't quantify..........called an agents special.

Curious if anyone knows why Brady is not happy in Ottawa now? Is it because Jacques Martin doesn't let him stay on the other teams blue line waiting for breakaways?
Maybe he really does miss DJ? Or.....................this is all because of bloggers and rumours?
lol
It was a rumour on a podcast, that the week before said they make up rumours.

Reactions: BLONG7

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its a lateral move. I'll take the cheaper player. Batherson has never been boo'd by his fan base we know that. Both are good skill wingers not what you build a franchise around.

As if this has anything to do with which player is more valuable :facepalm:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
You looking in a mirror right now? There are multiple people making you look foolish, bud.
Other people are not even needed to make a good many of those posts look foolish.

I feel like someone hasn’t watched hockey for the last 10 years and is out of touch with the current state of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: nbwingsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad