Proposal: B. Tkachuk for Kyrou.

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
I mean, what's a reasonable +?

Tkachuk did return a 28 year old coming off an 115 point season, a 27 year old top pairing D man, and a 1st round pick
Its not all just about the name both of those players were UFA in a year. The 115 point player is now a negative asset that likely wouldn't get claimed on the waiver wire. Calgary made a terrible trade because they new the names involved would sway public opinion. Kyrou alone is worth more than that whole package IMO and I'm not even a Kyrou fan but he came with long term control. The right to over pay a UFA for the rest of eternity is not a valuable asset no matter his name or even skill.

I don't know about the +, Kyrou with control is worth more than any player with no control. Not that I think Kyrou for MT in a vacuum is even close but there is more to it than that. MT had Calgary by the balls and Kyrou didn't.

I think eventually a straight up Kyrou for MT trade would have been the better deal.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Its not all just about the name both of those players were UFA in a year. The 115 point player is now a negative asset that likely wouldn't get claimed on the waiver wire. Calgary made a terrible trade because they new the names involved would sway public opinion. Kyrou alone is worth more than that whole package IMO and I'm not even a Kyrou fan but he came with long term control. The right to over pay a UFA for the rest of eternity is not a valuable asset no matter his name or even skill.
Yes, with Hindsight the Cats made out like bandits and Calgary signed the worst contract in the league.

If you think Kyrou, at any point, had/has more value than 2022 Huberdeau, 2022 Weegar and a 1st, then there is really nothing I can say.

I mean, look at the trade threads for them.

It’s essentially unanimous that the Flames took the Panthers to the woodshed looking through what was thought to be the value headed to Calgary.

There is nobody who would place the perceived value given at the time to Kyrou.

I’d definitely rather Weegar alone than Kyrou, but that can at least be debate-able.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ah yes, we all know fighting and fan chanting is so incredibly important in the playoffs.

And yeah Larkin is leading the Wings all the way to being a borderline playoff team. It’s not a very big feat.
That’s also ignoring Tkachuck is 3rd on the team in scoring…

Also I’m not claiming Larkin is worth Thomas, Kyrou and a 1st like a certain Sens fan am I? He’s not even worth Thomas alone.

Are we back to this? You were asked to provide a quote for this and you didn’t. Seems like a fabrication on your part.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Are we back to this? You were asked to provide a quote for this and you didn’t. Seems like a fabrication on your part.
It’s literally on the first page bub:

Tkachuck, Norris (negative cap dump), Korpisalo (worst goalie in the NHL) for Thomas, Kyrou, Binnington and a 1st.

Try and catch up.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s literally on the first page bub:

Tkachuck, Norris (negative cap dump), Korpisalo (worst goalie in the NHL) for Thomas, Kyrou, Binnington and a 1st.

Try and catch up.
You are still posting in this.... Get a life. I said that because they arent trading him. Not that I thought it was fair value. Seems like the term 'rent free' truly applies to you.

You cant read eh. I said 'if you want Tkachuk this is the price'. How do you get through a normal day? Must be really tough.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You are still posting in this.... Get a life. I said that because they arent trading him. Not that I thought it was fair value. Seems like the term 'rent free' truly applies to you.
Sure you did big guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sure you did big guy.
Its right in the thread... People can read it . You literally keep referencing it.

Kyrou, Thomas, Binnington, 1st for Tkachuk, Norris and Korpisalo.

Don't like it then you don't get Tkachuk.
That's the post....... Obviously its massively in Ottawa's favor. Anyone knows that but the point is they arent trading him without crazy overpayment.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
You’re purposely misconstruing things to try to make a point.
It's the only way they can give the impression of making a point.... never seen it work for them, but hey, it's good for a laugh once in a while.
Its right in the thread... People can read it . You literally keep referencing it.

That's the post....... Obviously its massively in Ottawa's favor. Anyone knows that but the point is they arent trading him without crazy overpayment.
There is a 0% chance that they will actually grasp what you are saying lol.

Reactions: bert and Bileur

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
Yes, with Hindsight the Cats made out like bandits and Calgary signed the worst contract in the league.

If you think Kyrou, at any point, had/has more value than 2022 Huberdeau, 2022 Weegar and a 1st, then there is really nothing I can say.

It’s essentially unanimous that the Flames took the Panthers to the woodshed looking through what was thought to be the value headed to Calgary.

I’d definitely rather Weegar alone than Kyrou, but that can at least be debate-able.
Well I can't help what people thought, I certainly never thought that.

Like I said you can read it every day on here, people get caught up in the names and there is a lot more to it than that.

I can't help what most people thought, I never thought it was a good trade for Calgary and I still think they would have gladly taken Kyrou even up over that package. You seem to still be making the same mistake. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE NAMES, a $20,000 car that is paid off has more trade value than a $100,000 car with $90,000 bank loan.

Calgary is very lucky Weeger worked out because that certainly wasn't guaranteed in the deal. Had Weeger walked they'd really be wishing Kyrou even up would have been the trade. Even with Weeger working out Calgary almost certainly could have gave MT away for nothing and done better over all in free agency with the cap space they spent on the unsigned players they traded MT for. It was always a terrible trade.

You can see the same mistake being made by the vast majority in this thread, BT is the better player but Ottawa only owns 4 more years of BT, the Blues own 7 more years of Kyrou and that is a VERY significant difference. Now that doesn't mean Ottawa fans have to want to make that trade I wouldn't either to be honest because I think things will turn around in Ottawa before that 4 years is up but it is not at all a crazy or outlandish proposal like so many think. If that NT kicks in and things don't work out in Ottawa its not going to be pretty and that is a real concern.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Like I said you can read it every day on here, people get caught up in the names and there is a lot more to it than that.

I can't help what most people thought, I never thought it was a good trade for Calgary and I still think they would have gladly taken Kyrou even up over that package. You seem to still be making the same mistake. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE NAMES, a $20,000 car that is paid off has more trade value than a $100,000 car with $90,000 bank loan.

Calgary is very lucky Weeger worked out because that certainly wasn't guaranteed in the deal. Had Weeger walked they'd really be wishing Kyrou even up would have been the trade. Even with Weeger working out Calgary almost certainly could have gave MT away for nothing and done better over all in free agency with the cap space they spent on the unsigned players they traded MT for. It was always a terrible trade.

You can see the same mistake being made by the vast majority in this thread, BT is the better player but Ottawa only owns 4 more years of BT, the Blues own 7 more years of Kyrou and that is a VERY significant difference. Now that doesn't mean Ottawa fans have to want to make that trade I wouldn't either to be honest because I think things will turn around in Ottawa before that 4 years is up but it is not at all a crazy or outlandish proposal like so many think. If that NT kicks in and things don't work out in Ottawa its not going to be pretty and that is a real concern.
Thinking the Flames would have taken Kyrou by himself instead of Huberdeau, Weegar, and a 1st may be one of the most insane things I've ever read on here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

First of all Weegar is a stud and was a stud. It wasn't 'lucky'.

Second of all 0 sens fans want to do a deal around Kyrou and Tkachuk. There's a reason St Louis fans keep arguing it. The value is not close. You seem very unfamiliar with other teams players. So please stop. Kyrou is not a need in Ottawa it's more of the same of what they have. 8 million isn't a good contract for a skill winnger that isn't good defensively and doesn't show up all the time. So stop acting like his contact is some sort of fantastic asset. Its bad.

Reactions: Bileur

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
Thinking the Flames would have taken Kyrou by himself instead of Huberdeau, Weegar, and a 1st may be one of the most insane things I've ever read on here
Well that is because you are caught up in the names(obtuse) and absolutely refuse to understand the Flames/Panthers did not have control of those assets beyond a single year. Same reason you incorrectly thought the Flames got a good return in the first place. Its kind of strange how hard it is for people to understand. Maybe this summer you would like to trade your young star player for a big name with one year left on his contract? Maybe Buchnevich and a 1st for BT? Hell maybe Buchnevich+Kyrou? If not explain to me why you wouldn't do that? Buchnevich alone is very comparable to BT.

Last edited:

skilles

Jun 23, 2012
First of all Weegar is a stud and was a stud. It wasn't 'lucky'.

Second of all 0 sens fans want to do a deal around Kyrou and Tkachuk. There's a reason St Louis fans keep arguing it. The value is not close. You seem very unfamiliar with other teams players. So please stop. Kyrou is not a need in Ottawa it's more of the same of what they have. 8 million isn't a good contract for a skill winnger that isn't good defensively and doesn't show up all the time. So stop acting like his contact is some sort of fantastic asset. Its bad.
Well if you would actually pay attention and read I didn't argue that you should want Kyrou or to trade BT. I actually agreed with that, what I argued is its not some kind of crazy proposal. BT is not as much of a perfect asset as you would like to think.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well if you would actually pay attention and read I didn't argue that you should want Kyrou or to trade BT. I actually agreed with that, what I argued is its not some kind of crazy proposal. BT is not as much of a perfect asset as you would like to think.
It is a crazy proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad