B. Gallagher

habitue*

Oh for sure that's his game and what got him to the NHL, too. He must love it, or he wouldn't play that way. You make good points about the way Subban was treated, too, when he came into the league and I think you're bang on. I really wish Gallagher had some big and mean linemates with him that would accent the way he plays and prevent anybody from giving him the treatment he has been getting his whole career - and its getting worse. When he take a crosscheck to the back, into the net, two elbows to the face and multiple shoves on the way back to bench and nothing happens, you have a big problem on your team!

I like the Marchand comparison, too. Could you imagine how great Gallagher would be with Lucic and Horton as his line mates? Think he gets under peoples skin now?

His rookie season, he was on a line with Prust and Galchenyuk and it was the teams best line. But, that had to be broken up to shelter Desharnais.

No. Who was centering that line then ?

As for Marchand, he rarely played with Lucic and Horton...Once again, you forgot the centerman...

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I felt like Gallgher wasn't trying his hardest to get out of the zone, stop looking at the ref, put your head down and get out. I thought it was pretty obvious he was trying to draw a penalty. And this is from a huge Gallagher fan.

I also didn't realize he had such a bad reputation on HF. He plays a hard honest game, but he wears the CH which is apparently enough reason to be compared to the scum of the league.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I felt like Gallgher wasn't trying his hardest to get out of the zone, stop looking at the ref, put your head down and get out. I thought it was pretty obvious he was trying to draw a penalty. And this is from a huge Gallagher fan.

I also didn't realize he had such a bad reputation on HF. He plays a hard honest game, but he wears the CH which is apparently enough reason to be compared to the scum of the league.

if he was a leafs or a bruins he'd constantly get brazzers type of ass worship from TSN and CBC.

canadian? check
western canadian? check
plays hard? check
never takes a shift off? check
has skills? check
is respectful? check
doesn't take any ****? check
can fight? lil' check

seriously, he should be don cherry's adopted son if anything

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Gallagher??

Love him.

Sunday's refs should be fired from the NHL.

Gallagher's net grit makes Bourque and Eller look like a couple of pansies.

Actually, he shames much of the team by comparison.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That's a pretty cool shirt that Gallagher is wearing. :nod:

Bg89bduIEAAX9Xm.jpg:large

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'd like to see Gallagher develop a quicker release on his shot. I find he's often tied up a split second too early when he has the puck in the slot. Maybe Gionta can teach him a thing or two there as he has a pretty good release.

PunkinDrublic*

I'd like to see Gallagher develop a quicker release on his shot. I find he's often tied up a split second too early when he has the puck in the slot. Maybe Gionta can teach him a thing or two there as he has a pretty good release.

Oh hell no !!! Please Gionta don't show Gallagher how to shoot.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Gall is not hated by the rest of the teams or fans, every team would love to have him. But he does tend to embellish at times, throw his hands in the air, stare down the ref, yell at the ref, etc. None of these things endear a player to the refs. This is what he did during this WPG game multi times.

Kane in WPG used to yell at the ref and raise his hands when no call was made also. Kane would get no border line calls from the refs b/c of this. Kane for the most part does not do this anymore, he just puts his head down and plays through it. As a result he draws more calls now then ever before. Kane has learnt don't try to make the refs look bad or call them out.

Gall needs to do the same and refs will make more calls in his favor. Great player, love to have him but he needs to just play and stop the minor BS that he does at times. I love to watch him battle and play, Habs are lucky to have him.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
If you want anyone showing him how to release the puck it's Patches.. Pacioretty's shot isn't that accurate but it's so deceptive

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I don't mind Gallagher, but his acts of hitting the goalie after the whistles and poking them with his stick really don't help his reputation... I mean, sure he's getting abused, but he's very often at the origin of those treatments. I mean, it's not like anyone has ever scored after charging the goalie AFTER a whistle, and it's not like you can't expect what's coming to you when you do it.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don't mind Gallagher, but his acts of hitting the goalie after the whistles and poking them with his stick really don't help his reputation... I mean, sure he's getting abused, but he's very often at the origin of those treatments. I mean, it's not like anyone has ever scored after charging the goalie AFTER a whistle, and it's not like you can't expect what's coming to you when you do it.

Agreed. Live by the sword die by the sword. Ref's know he starts crap, so he has to expect if the refs not calling him starting it they likely will not call the retaliation (assuming its not over the top). Some rough stuff or crap is ok as long as it does not get carried away by either side.

Gall does not want things call super strict either, other wise he would get loads of pens for starting stuff. As long as its not getting too crazy (or taking away scoring chances or causing them) let them play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad