Ayrton Nikkel

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
Ayrton Nikkel, who came over to Brandon on the Schenn trade may play in Brandon tonight. I have only seen him in the Winter games final on TSN.
Anyone here see him play this year? Tough coming into the Dub this time of year. How will he make out?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Good skater,Good passer, mean streak a mile wide. Will be interested in seeing how he looks against junior age players he isn't exactly the biggest guy yet

griffpf

Dec 27, 2006
Good skater,Good passer, mean streak a mile wide. Will be interested in seeing how he looks against junior age players he isn't exactly the biggest guy yet

i saw him play against his hometown rockets and he didnt look out of place.. i am also good friends with his family but from what i have seen and heard he will be a name to watch out for a couple years down the road

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Ayrton Nikkel, who came over to Brandon on the Schenn trade may play in Brandon tonight. I have only seen him in the Winter games final on TSN.
Anyone here see him play this year? Tough coming into the Dub this time of year. How will he make out?

Brandon wasn't playing....

Rshields

Oct 23, 2009
He was in Brandon tonight for the Kootenay game but didn't dress. Brandon defence is going to be the envy of the league next year. Not sure who these young guys are going to bump.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He was in Brandon tonight for the Kootenay game but didn't dress. Brandon defence is going to be the envy of the league next year. Not sure who these young guys are going to bump.

I agree. There defense this year is terribly young and terribly good, for the most part.

I could see them shopping one of the younger bluelines to replace one of the older forwards they are going to lose after this year.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He won't replace anyone he will be one of 2 younger D men that Brandon will keep and slowly bring along. They have guys like Colton Waltz and Dylan Kuzcek coming in next year as well.

Ryan Pulock is a stud for all the talk everyone else gets he is very quietly having an amazing season. Just 3 points off Wade Redden's 16 year old season.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He won't replace anyone he will be one of 2 younger D men that Brandon will keep and slowly bring along. They have guys like Colton Waltz and Dylan Kuzcek coming in next year as well.

Ryan Pulock is a stud for all the talk everyone else gets he is very quietly having an amazing season. Just 3 points off Wade Redden's 16 year old season.

Well someone is going to have to be the odd man out...

Looking at their roster RIGHT NOW, all their 7 defenders can be back next year.

Throw Waltz, Kuzcek AND Nikkel in that group and that is 10 defenders that could be on the team next year.

Like I said, I bet one of those guys get moved for an 18 year old forward or something like that with the losses of Wiebe, Toews and McKay.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Well someone is going to have to be the odd man out...

Looking at their roster RIGHT NOW, all their 7 defenders can be back next year.

Throw Waltz, Kuzcek AND Nikkel in that group and that is 10 defenders that could be on the team next year.

Like I said, I bet one of those guys get moved for an 18 year old forward or something like that with the losses of Wiebe, Toews and McKay.

Hunter will probably get moved out. Wouldn't shock me to see Nikkel and Kuzcek sitck around till the 20 year old situation gets sorted out. We started the season with 7 or 8 guys healthy scratches.

warrior

Jul 29, 2009

How would you know if he has a mean streak a mile wide? Because someone else posted it on another board? Have you seen him play? Not to take anything away from the kid, but just because he played tough in a pre-season game with the blades while he had a bird cage on, doesn't mean a bunch. Ive seen it happen time and time again, kids who chirp and play it tough while they are protected with a cage, and once they get to junior, it suddenly changes. You know why, cuz it doesn't feel too good getting punched or sticked in the moth or nose!! Only time will tell in this case.

Bottom line is no one knows what the roster will look like next year but the Wheaties coaching staff, and even they probably don't know at this point. I sure hope these kids don't read these message boards. I know most of the stuff is written by arm chair athletes who likely couldn't play the game anywhere near the major junior level, but to a young kid, perhaps they can't compute that yet. To paraphrase George McPhee, "if anyone knew anything about the game they'd be involved at some level".

Opinionator

Feb 2, 2010
How would you know if he has a mean streak a mile wide? Because someone else posted it on another board? Have you seen him play? Not to take anything away from the kid, but just because he played tough in a pre-season game with the blades while he had a bird cage on, doesn't mean a bunch. Ive seen it happen time and time again, kids who chirp and play it tough while they are protected with a cage, and once they get to junior, it suddenly changes. You know why, cuz it doesn't feel too good getting punched or sticked in the moth or nose!! Only time will tell in this case.

Bottom line is no one knows what the roster will look like next year but the Wheaties coaching staff, and even they probably don't know at this point. I sure hope these kids don't read these message boards. I know most of the stuff is written by arm chair athletes who likely couldn't play the game anywhere near the major junior level, but to a young kid, perhaps they can't compute that yet. To paraphrase George McPhee, "if anyone knew anything about the game they'd be involved at some level".

Seen Nikkel's 3 fights so far this year! LOL Love to visit these old threads:naughty:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Only seen him once live this year and unfortunately he was playing forward so I didn't see him in his normal form. He was pretty solid though, all things considered and actually had a decent scrap too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad