Awful noise when Latvia plays

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Honestly? I dont like them either, not that i cant stand them, i just dont see point of them. Horns have been there always, yeah proably they werent so many thats why you didnt hear it before. Lets face it, unless players start to protest, nothing will change and thus far they seemed pretty fine with it.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
I said that any moron can blow a horn, what is wrong with that? You dont need any rythmical feeling, strong voice etc. when you blow a horn = anyone can do it.

To coordinate good songs with trums etc is tougher but more rewarding when it works in perfection, the problem of it is that I have only seen it used by the swiss during international play, it is more of a club-thing.

I don't think the latvians are morons because I said that any moron can use a horn, but I hate the sounds of them and I hate it that they are used during the whole game, if there was some logic in them, like during BP, or PP, or during a scoring-chance or when someone scores, okey, but all the time? Personally I like to tune up the TV to hear the crowd but today I had to tune it down because it was annoying. You can tell me that you don't care or whatever but it doesn't make it less annoying for those of us who doesn't enjoy it, why do you defend it then? Think we are going to like the sound better because you say so? With the amount of support you guys have in numbers, you should be able to scream any team out of the building.

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Muscle Bob said:
We are talking about sounds.. If they were shouting "Latvia, Latvia" it was support.

They are, its just hard to hear it with all the noise. We are shouting about 5 chants and we have 2 songs we sing in a hockey game.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Sakaarnis said:
They are, its just hard to hear it with all the noise. We are shouting about 5 chants and we have 2 songs we sing in a hockey game.

So stop using the horns all the time so we can hear the songs and chants.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Don't tell this to us, we are not leaders, nor players. we can't change anything. remember, many of fans are kids, because Latvia is the host, so anyone can basically go to the games. The crowd is insane, like fanatics. If they see latvian team entering, they simply become berserk.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Latvian fans are great, we had lots of them here in Karlstad, Sweden when we hosted the WC a couple of years ago. Fun, passionate people. Just stay of the horns, please.

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
johnny_rudeboy said:
Latvian fans are great, we had lots of them here in Karlstad, Sweden when we hosted the WC a couple of years ago. Fun, passionate people. Just stay of the horns, please.

I agree. I've always loved Latvian sportsfans because of their good-spirited, passionate cheering. But those horns are just too much.

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
I think constant use of horns is a bit strange, but it is great that there are such hardcore fans. It's much much better than having a silent crowd!

cyrisweb

Jul 1, 2002
Calgary ab
Visit site
gets to the point where i can't even watch the game. I duno in the canada-usa game it seems mostly to be just one idiot.. honking the whole damn game.. I'm sure he's not even watching the game at all.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
cyrisweb said:
gets to the point where i can't even watch the game. I duno in the canada-usa game it seems mostly to be just one idiot.. honking the whole damn game.. I'm sure he's not even watching the game at all.

Ah, Crosby have been great, get of the kids back will you. ;)

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
cyrisweb said:

latvians were standing with Canadian flag accesories, but you are saying stuff like that :shakehead :)

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
yarre said:
The latvians on this board is really defensive about the horns.

I was in game LAT-SLO today. I dont have that horn and as i said they are pointless. Noise there was beyond normal, impossible to speak to the person next to you, but it fitted teh atmosphere. And it wasnt like they blow them all the time (except some kids, who i doubt even know who they cheer for). The noise is unbearable when opponents are on the attack, when Latvia was on attack, i hardly heard any horn. On TV it realy seems that they blow horns from the start till the end, its not like that. I was clapping and singing all the time and at the moment only way for me to communicate is write as ihve lost my voice :help: But if it were up to me, id ban those horns too, there are better ways to cheer for team and god knows latvians do know how to.

In the Doghouse

Jan 22, 2003
Finland
Visit site
Sakaarnis said:
there are better ways to cheer for team and god knows latvians do know how to.

Latvians sure know how to cheer their own. Few years ago I was watching ice car race and there was this one latvian guy driving there. He was probably the slowest guy on track but I was completely blown away about his fans. There was this group of ~20-30 fans who were cheering their butts of and having so much fun. I just couldn't help but join them and cheer that latvian driver too. And so did many other spectators too. I would like to see more of that and less horns.

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
i wondered if it was something wrong with the sound on my computer....i was watching through that russian link the other night and finally couldn't stand it anymore...

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Sakaarnis said:
Hmm thought this yhread will be locked by now... :dunno:

Why should it. I don't see people insulting each other. Actually a lot of people are saying nice things about Latvians here.

It's jsut that those horns are not just annoying they seriously are bringing me to the point that I don't want to watch anymore.

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
GermanGirl said:
Why should it. I don't see people insulting each other. Actually a lot of people are saying nice things about Latvians here.

It's jsut that those horns are not just annoying they seriously are bringing me to the point that I don't want to watch anymore.

agreed....i have nothing against latvians! but those horns...man...maybe it's different if you're THERE :D

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
cyrisweb said:

Latest news; According to latvian press, this morron was an illegal russian, who like every russian living on latvian territory robs old people for a living. ;)

Yey, it's like the IIHF boards on Hfboards :hyper: premium moronity live!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad