Awesome article by Corey Hirsch

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraserOtt

Apr 23, 2004
DementedReality said:
you have no idea ... if my company hires someone better than me, its a great opportunity to
a) see the company do better .. but even more importantly ..
b) to learn from someone who knows more than I !!

You're trying to tell me that you'd embrace someone taking your job when you have a family to raise and they don't actually need the money?

DementedReality said:
you dont dragon kick his ass, you embrace his/her presence, because
a) you are good yourself and you know that if this guy is *better* you dont want him on the other team, you want him on yours and you want to learn from him
or
b) if you are so bad that a medicore person can take your job, why should the company care if it upsets you .. dont let the door hit you on the way out.

His presense isn't there to nuture you and show you the ropes. He doesn't care about you, otherwise he wouldn't have taken your job when he has no need to do so. Why would Hirsch want to embrace someone who is only there to further their own career and hinder yours in the process?

DementedReality said:
are you that crappy at your job that you dont think the company would value you enough to find a place for you even if they have replaced you with someone better ?

Hockey teams don't exactly have a wealth of places to easily slide you into. You're either playing, or you're S.O.L.

DementedReality said:
stop fearing and start embracing and you will find that job security too !

Doctor Phil?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
DementedReality said:
you have no idea ... if my company hires someone better than me, its a great opportunity to
a) see the company do better .. but even more importantly ..
b) to learn from someone who knows more than I !!

you dont dragon kick his ass, you embrace his/her presence, because
a) you are good yourself and you know that if this guy is *better* you dont want him on the other team, you want him on yours and you want to learn from him
or
b) if you are so bad that a medicore person can take your job, why should the company care if it upsets you .. dont let the door hit you on the way out.

If your company replaces you with a high priced rental, why the heck would they bother keeping you around to 'learn' from him? He's a REPLACEMENT, not a co-worker.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
BG said:
You're trying to tell me that you'd embrace someone taking your job when you have a family to raise and they don't actually need the money?

His presense isn't there to nuture you and show you the ropes. He doesn't care about you, otherwise he wouldn't have taken your job when he has no need to do so. Why would Hirsch want to embrace someone who is only there to further their own career and hinder yours in the process?

Hockey teams don't exactly have a wealth of places to easily slide you into. You're either playing, or you're S.O.L.

Doctor Phil?

none of my coments were in the context of a professional sports. you asked if someoen came to *my* workplace and what i said was fact.

dr

FraserOtt

Apr 23, 2004
BruinStuckInTheEye said:
You'd be hard pressed to find a European fan under that impression. :shakehead

I know, and that's the point. These players are only there for a short time and are not interested in anything but advancing their career and earning as much money during this lockout as possible.

Brent Burns Beard

Feb 27, 2002
Digger12 said:
If your company replaces you with a high priced rental, why the heck would they bother keeping you around to 'learn' from him? He's a REPLACEMENT, not a co-worker.

hmmm ... maybe i dont have the right perspective... if my company let me go, there would be 10 others who know me personally and by doing business with me, lining up to hire me to replace i guess someone like you.

the problem with my perspective i guess is that in the context of this discussion, i am the Joe Thornton, not the Lonny Bohonos.

dr

FraserOtt

Apr 23, 2004
DementedReality said:
none of my coments were in the context of a professional sports. you asked if someoen came to *my* workplace and what i said was fact.

dr

You can correlate characteristics between both situations.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
DementedReality said:
hmmm ... maybe i dont have the right perspective... if my company let me go, there would be 10 others who know me personally and by doing business with me, lining up to hire me to replace i guess someone like you.

the problem with my perspective i guess is that in the context of this discussion, i am the Joe Thornton, not the Lonny Bohonos.

dr

So you're the Joe Thornton, and I'm the Lonny Bohonos?? :lol

You presume much.

And unlike you supposedly, the NHL players don't have 10 other leagues lining up to sign them, at least at not anywhere near the salaries that they're accustomed to.

You're right, you don't have the right perspective.

Brent Burns Beard

Feb 27, 2002
Digger12 said:
So you're the Joe Thornton, and I'm the Lonny Bohonos?? :lol

You presume much.

so then you shouldnt worry about the company hiring a high priced rental to replace you then ..

dr

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
DementedReality said:

dr

I'm sure the closeby McDo is waiting for you with open arms. ;)

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Digger12 said:
If you think he has no right to complain, fine....surivival of the fittest and all that. By that same token, the NHLPA is setting themselves up to look like the world's biggest hypocrites if they raise one word of complaint against replacement players that include someone like Hirsch. I mean, it's just owners getting the best players they can get to please their fanbase, right?

Even I, who is fiercely on the side of ownership and against the bloodsucking NHLPA, wouldn't go that far.

If you can't see the difference between winning a spot fair and square and scabbing, something's wrong.

Corey Hirsh is a small-time loser who seems to have a brain that matches his talent (i.e. lacking) and incorrectly labels NHLers who play in Europe scabs. They aren't.

Like everybody else, Corey Hirsh competes to get a hockey job, he bumped people when he was in the NHL and he bumped players when he went to Europe and now, he's getting bumped by someone who is better than him.

That has nothing at ALL to do with replacing players during a conflict between employers and employees. Ideologically, the difference is like night and day.

Brent Burns Beard