• Yes

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
One thing to consider is that the Avs have had a larger degree of roster turnover. If you bring in moldable young players, that requires patience. But the Avs have been burned by Jost and Newhook and seem to be over it. So when you bring in a bunch of vets instead, you’re going to get a mixed bag. It’s not a guarantee every one will buy in or be a fit. Some/all of the veterans they bring in have their own egos and agendas. They haven’t had the shared sacrifice with the current core and there could be a disconnect regardless of who wears a C.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I really love how everything is doom and gloom, no light at the end of the tunnel, sky is falling, but the Avs sit only 4 points behind the Rangers for the league lead. Not that I haven’t also been pessimistic… I have.

Talk about having high standards, but this takes it to another level
I mean we went through this song and dance last year. The big guys are so good and can win games pretty consistently in the RS. But the roster construction is clearly flawed and can easily get taken advantage of during a 7 game series. The expectation isn‘t just win a round or right now and that’s where the frustration comes in I think.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought the 3rd on the wraparound was savable, since it went far side, but I took more issue with the 2nd goal personally.

Watch the way he shuffles over on his knees. He's deep in his crease almost at the goal line.

I'm not a goalie technique expert, and I'm sure there's a place for those little shuffles, but I think a big push there to the top corner of his crease might be better. Or even a push to stand up and reset to challenge the shooter, and then go down to the butterfly when the shot is taken.

Instead he stays on his knees, and kind of makes himself small while hunched over a little, and deep in his net. That's why a lesser skilled defenseman was able to find the open net short side from the facoeff dot.

That's a save he makes if he's making himself bigger in net, and cutting down the angle toward the top of the crease.
I agree on the 2nd goal. This non sense of it was a non saveable laser to the top corner is just George apologists trying to show it wasn't his fault.

It was an average shot, by an average dman that blew by him due to like you said slow reaction and bad positioning.

Sure were there issues that led up to the 2nd goal that weren't George's fault, absolutely. However, it's the goalies job in my opinion to bail out the defense on shots that are saveable. Like goal number 2. It's not like it was some crazy backdoor open net play it was longer wrister with minimal traffic. Got to have that save.

In my opinion and average backup wins that game 4-2, 99 times out of 100. George shit the bed plain and simple.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean we went through this song and dance last year. The big guys are so good and can win games pretty consistently in the RS. But the roster construction is clearly flawed and can easily get taken advantage of during a 7 game series. The expectation isn‘t just win a round or right now and that’s where the frustration comes in I think.
I’m not talking about playoffs right now. I already gave my opinion that this current roster the way it is will probably be out in the 1st or 2nd round. I’m just saying with all the negativity and all the crappy way Avs are losing games, they’re still in good position in the standings. That’s also important because you want home ice advantage at least in the first couple of rounds. So again, CMac just needs to get a 2C and Avs get healthy Lehky back. I’m keeping my hopes up we’ll also get Landy back in the playoffs

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not talking about playoffs right now. I already gave my opinion that this current roster the way it is will probably be out in the 1st or 2nd round. I’m just saying with all the negativity and all the crappy way Avs are losing games, they’re still in good position in the standings. That’s also important because you want home ice advantage at least in the first couple of rounds. So again, CMac just needs to get a 2C and Avs get healthy Lehky back. I’m keeping my hopes up we’ll also get Landy back in the playoffs
The RS doesn’t really matter for this team though. We know this is a real that will make the playoffs with ease. I want this team to be good enough to not get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Thats the goal here with this team.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The RS doesn’t really matter for this team though. We know this is a real that will make the playoffs with ease. I want this team to be good enough to not get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Thats the goal here with this team.
And I agree with this, but for this team to not get knocked out of the 1st round, they need to have a 2nd line which starts with getting an actual 2C. That’s the whole point. I also don’t care what they do in the regular season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And I agree with this, but for this team to not get knocked out of the 1st round, they need to have a 2nd line which starts with getting an actual 2C. That’s the whole point. I also don’t care what they do in the regular season.
Hence the frustration. We know this team will do fine in the RS and them being first in the division shouldn’t be a shock to anyone really.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00