Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Wings 5.30PM MDT || Officially a loss

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
If they keep Sacco as head coach, I may have to take a break from the Avs. I love the team, have since they were the Nordiques, but having this much incompetence just hurts me.

I agree. I think if we don't make some moves at deadline and over the off season , the office shares blame too. One of our missing links should be picked up by default in either jones or drouin if we keep playing so well.

Can I buy out ROB contract with my Vcash money?

Sherman would take it and be happy for the over payment, even with your 0 balance.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We are so bad at this sport, its almost mind blowing.

The last 2 goals the Red Wings scored we're utterly disgusting. On PP the man is allowed to stand 1/2 a foot from Varly and doesn't get even touched as is allowed to smack in a gimmie goal and then we have a complete meltdown where Brunner is just allowed to be wide open to one time an easy goal into the wide open net. I feel bad for Varly never gets any help, is always having to play from behind, just a joke of a defense we put out there.

Then we actually try hard and out play the Wings int he 3rd and kind of make it an interesting game. Why can't we give that kind of effort for 3 periods? Oh thats right we have a tard for a coach who can't get his guys ready to shall I say it.."start the game on time"

I can't even comment on any of players and how they played, they just all bother me at this point, no consistency its just annoying at this point.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
At this point, I'm beyond disgusted with this team. It's just comical now. I was watching the game with some of my buddies tonight and when the Avs went down 3-0, I told them to watch out, because now the Avs would start playing and make it a 3-2 game only to get scored on into the empty net (I was close).

It's just the same old script every damn night, barring a sensational effort from Varly. ROB has become a liability out on the ice every single shift. Zanon is right behind him. Those two have gotten to the point where they cost the team every time they are out on the ice.

Sacco has to be a dead man walking at this point. Absolutely no way he's brought back..........right?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
You can tell the players are starting to get frustrated. They are trying to do too much by themselves. Duchene, Landeskog, Parenteau and Mitchell are the main offenders.

Defensively it's the same old. Terrible coverage in front of net, puck watching and our forwards struggling to get the puck out of the zone along the boards.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
You can tell the players are starting to get frustrated. They are trying to do too much by themselves. Duchene, Landeskog, Parenteau and Mitchell are the main offenders.

Defensively it's the same old. Terrible coverage in front of net, puck watching and our forwards struggling to get the puck out of the zone along the boards.

Can you blame them? Especially Duchene and PAP as they are the only one who have done anything worth a damn this year on offense.

Mitchell is a bit frustrating when he does this crap as he is a 3rd liner who just needs to grind it out to be affective. And Landeskog needs to go back to viking mode where he hits everyone and drives the net and lets others do the finesse stuff.

Basically what needs to happen is just let PAP and Duchene do there thing as it seems to work for them. Then ROR needs to go back to doing simple things and hitting the net with his shots while Landy goes to the net. The rest of the guys just need to play good solid physical games that can compliment the skill guys. McGinn is a perfect linemate for PAP and Duchene because if he plays his game it clear space for Duchene and PAP to do their finesse stuff.

Zih

Dater's Gonna Hate
Dec 19, 2008
Colorado

Attachments

• Shermanator.png
    Shermanator.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 71

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
To all the people screaming for Seth Jones....we at least have some good prospect D in our system. It's literally impossible for a team with 3 solid centres to score so little and we can really use that game-breaking winger, we certainly don't have one in our system. Who knows if Hishon/Sgarbossa ever turn into wingers.

Ideally, Stastny for a top 4 dman who has already been developed meaning he's Avs development proof and a winger at the draft with the Magician or Pirate filling in at 3C.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
To all the people screaming for Seth Jones....we at least have some good prospect D in our system. It's literally impossible for a team with 3 solid centres to score so little and we can really use that game-breaking winger, we certainly don't have one in our system. Who knows if Hishon/Sgarbossa ever turn into wingers.

Ideally, Stastny for a top 4 dman who has already been developed meaning he's Avs development proof and a winger at the draft with the Magician or Pirate filling in at 3C.

Funny you say this when he has two goals in a HUGE/Important playoff game against Everett. Could you buy me a plane ticket for Mount Everest, so I can scream for him on top of the world?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If they keep Sacco as head coach, I may have to take a break from the Avs. I love the team, have since they were the Nordiques, but having this much incompetence just hurts me.

This. So much this.

As much fun as it is watching the Avs compete for the Sacco trophy each year, it get's to a point where you just have to take a break. It's really pathetic too because this team could have such a bright future, but if they sit tight for another year... :help:

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Just got back from the game, here are my impressions:

Highs:
Duchene
Landeskog
Johnson
Olver
O'Reilly

Lows:
Zanon
Zanon
Zanon
O'Byrne
O'Byrne
O'Byrne

I could just feel duchene getting at least a point tonight throughout the game. He was flying out there and making things happen all night. Best player on the ice for both games.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Most depressing defensemen lineup ever!

Wouldn't blame Seth Jones if we picked him and he decided to "Lindros" us.

if we got the same return we got when we were last "Lindros'd" I'd be fine with that :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad