GDT: Avs @ Wild | 6:30pm MT | Post- Thanksgiving Food Coma Edition

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The first goal was Kaprizov deflecting a puck at waist height down into Georgiev's five hole literally right in front of Georgiev. He's not the Flash, there's no person in the world with the reaction speed to stop that. Your only hope is it just happens to hit you which it didn't. Second goal was a low to high pass onto the doorstep for a deflection and in. Unless Georgiev cheats off his post or suddenly becomes 6' 6" that puck is going in. Manson needs to tie up his guy better there to prevent an easy deflection. I assume you gave Demko the same run down last game for allowing the Rantanen to Nuke PP goal?
The first goal absolutely needs to be saved. George needs to be aggressive towards the puck then it never gets deflected through his legs. He sat back and gave Kaprizov the chance to deflect it.

Goal 2 was telegraphed George failed to make the push. Not awful but very much so saveable.

George sucks another barely 90 save percentage night, on a light workload. Most goalies would kill to only face 21 shots.

Reactions: AvStock

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He’s just pissed at his mediocre team remaining mediocre for life and are now on 6 game losing streak. Evason also looks like a serial killer who kills prostitutes
Evanston knows he's on thin ice, so might as well just start blaming diving as the reason.

It's not like your team let an ECHL caliber journeyman with hands of stone get wide open and deke the shit out of the goalie in tie game or anything.

Reactions: the_fan

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

55d447b944595a111fba8234a03b84f9f8b6562e.gif

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
"Were you playing forward or defense on that shift?" Are these clowns watching the game?...
Every time Dermy slots in at forward, which is what Bednar said he'd be playing since before the season started so there's that major clue, the broadcast will show the lines like we are rolling a 4th line of two guys and then he shows up as the 7th D. I think even Altitude has done that. 7D chess.

lol @ Dermy's TOI

zsKQEFB.png
He might have one of the highest points to minutes played % in the league.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Devon Toews has not been good the last two games. yikes. Cant have that while G is out. Need Makar and Toews to be lights out.

Most important thing you missed tonight was @The Kingslayer openly admitting he hadn’t tried desi food until tonight. I was in shock.

(He loved it. Obviously)
Its so good. I cant believe I hadnt tried it till tonight.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
The first goal absolutely needs to be saved. George needs to be aggressive towards the puck then it never gets deflected through his legs. He sat back and gave Kaprizov the chance to deflect it.

Goal 2 was telegraphed George failed to make the push. Not awful but very much so saveable.

George sucks another barely 90 save percentage night, on a light workload. Most goalies would kill to only face 21 shots.
Goalies aren't taught to bulldoze through the players in front of them to make a save. Once you're set that's your best bet in dealing with any situation. He dealt with it in every way a goalie coach would tell him to. Deflected goals are hard to stop and the reality is they happen so fast the best bet to saving them is a combination of positioning, size, and luck. The closer the deflection is the more you're hoping for a lucky save.

Zuccarello had three players to pass the puck to plus the option to walk out of the corner unimpeded because there were only three Avs in the defensive zone. At some point you have to trust your defense to make the right play or you're going to cheat and get burned. No kidding he was telegraphing a pass but Georgiev wouldn't know until the pass was made due to all the scoring threats where it was going. Stop the pass, that's the defenders job.

For the record NST had Georgiev see a xGA of 3.49 and MoneyPuck had him with a xGA of 3.35 so each model had him over a 1 GSAx. That's giving his team an 83% chance at winning, kind of good. If you're married to SV% allowing 2 goals on 21 shots is classified as a Quality Start and provides a ~73% chance at winning. The NHL is in a place now where no matter what it's extremely unlikely a team is not going to score at least two goals. It's not like those 21 shots were muffins either. Like I just pointed out Georgiev saw a xGA of ~3.5 and on 21 shots that implies there were some dangerous chances there. For those of us that watched it was pretty obvious Georgiev saved the team fairly often.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Probably controversial, but I'll say it anyway. Seeing this below average FO rewarded for their egregious mistakes disgusts me. I hate Minnesota, but seeing a POS, low-life like MacDermid rewarded with a game winning goal is more than I can handle. Much rather would've seen the Wild win. Now Bednar won't take MacDermid out of the line-up. The repercussions of tonight will ripple negatively through the rest of the season. f***!
I’ll never understand the posts like this.

Reactions: The Moops

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Nuke played 27 minutes tonight.... What the f***.

Dude is probably my favorite player in the league when he's playing the way he has the last couple of weeks. A complete monster all over the ice and can just take over a game with his motor and work ethic.

Agreed. Nuke was a f***ing handful tonight and has been for a while now. Ridiculously good player when he's on his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad