Post-Game Talk: Avs vs. Wild Game 1 : 9:30pm EST/7:30pm MST: Pay Stastny what he wants !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Duchene fell through the Hishon hole. A well documented informational black hole that Stephen Hawking is currently writing a book about, with the help of Neil degrasse tyson.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Guenin had 8 hits last night. They were all big as well. Hopefully he plays that tough every game in the post season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Guenin had 8 hits last night. They were all big as well. Hopefully he plays that tough every game in the post season.

The entire team was hitting like crazy in the early going. I loved it but it almost got to the point where I was worried they weren't going to leave anything in the tank for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

My wife wondered if Footer gave them a little pre-game pep talk. :laugh:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They're quite on Duchene because it's the playoffs. Every team is like this, act like he doesn't exist, don't talk about him until he's relevant.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

:laugh: I remember those conversations.

I think I broke my house jumping up and down. Holy ****. :yo:

feels-good-man-john-goodman-1296510848O.jpg

:)

Until EJ comes into the picture, it looks exactly like the (empty net moment during the) Women's Gold Medal game in Sochi.

+ Mackinnon

:yo:

Oh MacKinnon was good last night, but I am seriously surprised he somehow got 3 assists. I just don't like how he skates into the zone with all the speed and just stops and looks for the late man who is going to be covered. I would rather have him skate it around the net and look for cross pass to the weak side, Holden's Territory. :laugh:

He's 18, Seph. Give him some time to build up his repertoire of moves.

1/16th of the way there.

Enjoy the moment.

On the main board Wild fans are comparing Coyle to MacKinnon :D

You mean 22 year old Charlie Coyle and his whole 30 points this season? Good Lord. Not even in the same universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oh MacKinnon was good last night, but I am seriously surprised he somehow got 3 assists. I just don't like how he skates into the zone with all the speed and just stops and looks for the late man who is going to be covered. I would rather have him skate it around the net and look for cross pass to the weak side, Holden's Territory. :laugh:

"Somehow" got 3 assists? He made those plays happen. They weren't just some fluky second assists.

I'm not a big fan of him always doing that but there's no issue when he picks his spots. He set up O'Reilly's goal by stopping and hitting him in the slot. He also did something similar in the third but Bryzgalov stopped it.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Knocking the net off on purpose to stop a goal. Damn refs didn't call it and screwed the Wild. :shakehead
I'm still LOLing at these posts by Wild fans. How the hell is this similar to Koivu's? I still don't get it.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
I'm still LOLing at these posts by Wild fans. How the hell is this similar to Koivu's? I still don't get it.

You're right. It isn't similar at all. Koivu didn't intentionally knock the net off, but EJ did. So blatant. :sarcasm:

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
And what did EJ really have to gain by knocking it off? Doesn't make sense

Exactly...a faceoff down in our end? That is the opposite of what he would want and you can see him arch his back in an attempt to not knock it off...

Wild fans are just butt hurt because they lost. Instead of taking it out on the Avs and making ridiculous claims...look inward. Your team let down. Simple as that.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
1) The EJ knock off was not intentional, did not disrupt any play in its course, and did not serve to gain the Avs anything. The puck was already cleared from the crease before the net knocked off. It was clearly the result of EJ heroics and not being able to stop.

2) The Barrie "bowling" incident was not interference for so many reasons. It was not intentional, he did not commit interference in the textbook manner (literally stopping your skating, and planting yourself in front of an incoming player). If anything, the Wild player interfered with Barrie. And besides, had none of the players fallen they STILL would have not been able to stop that play; it happened in a second.

3) Avs did not get any favorable calls. Everything was fine, and both sides got equal number of noncalls.

4) Coyle is NOT better than Mackinnon.

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
I just saw this. I can't stop laughing.

I really want to take the Jerseys and photoshop them in there and add Varly's mask/glove/pads/blocker/stick but finding adequate pictures and cropping them and aligning them with all 144 frames of that GIF just seems too difficult and I'm not proficient enough :(

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Exactly...a faceoff down in our end? That is the opposite of what he would want.

Ok, I'm just gonna ask...can a Wild fan logically respond to this?

Every reason in the world for EJ to stop the puck from going into our net. Literally ZERO reason to knock our net off. In fact, the face-off was going to be in our zone until Matthew Cookie shot the puck at our net/EJ and caused your defenseman to get involved in a scrum. It's too bad really, Cookster kind of cost you the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad