Avs vs Vegas

Avs vs Vegas

• Total voters

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
The avalanche are the most overrated team in hockey. They get so much love for accomplishing so very little. They haven't been to the final 4 since bush 2 was in the office. Even the Phoenix coyotes and Minnesota wild have been to the final 4 more recently than them. They won't win a cup this decade. Guaranteed

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The avalanche are the most overrated team in hockey. They get so much love for accomplishing so very little. They haven't been to the final 4 since bush 2 was in the office. Even the Phoenix coyotes and Minnesota wild have been to the final 4 more recently than them. They won't win a cup this decade. Guaranteed
I mean their trajectory since the 16-17 season has been quite impressive. The love they get is based on their future, but realistically this season is their best shot at a cup unfortunately it may not even happen. Once Macks contract is up it'll be pretty tough to contend for much longer after unless they dramatically improve their drafting.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
It's close.

Vegas has the edge in goal.

Defense is relatively even. Vegas has the best individual defenseman, but Colorado has the better unit.

Colorado has the edge in the forward group.

I voted Colorado just because of their elite forwards, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Vegas pull a victory.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Neither are as good as people like to make them out as. Give me Vegas for the goaltending.
Still salty about last year's embarrassment I see. Take the team that demolished the Flames in 5 games then add Kadri, Burakovsky, Saad and Toews to it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm going to cheat with this one. The OP said going into the season so I'm going to include injuries.

Avs.

If it weren't for Lehner's injury, I wouldn't be sure.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Last year, when matched up against each other, the Avs appeared to be a better team. The Knights had difficulty playing against the Avs speed. They are very close but the Avs get the nod for me since they have more game breakers.

I like Cody Glass, but I did not see anything from last year that would make me believe he is going to be a #1 center. That is something missing from the Knights although they have tremendous depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad