Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Tampa 1/25/14 7PM ET / 5PM MST: Roy vs Cooper #JACKADAMSRACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think this is the best place to ask my question regarding the Avs:

Who makes the player personnel decisions for the Avs? Is Roy the GM and the coach? Or is Sherman the person who makes the trades?

Oh look, a Leaf fan. Get em boys!! :sarcasm:

Roy is the coach and the person other GMs talk to to discuss trades. All decisions are finalized by Sakic however before they go through. Sherman just manages the Avs cap and serves coffee.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Oh look, a Leaf fan. Get em boys!! :sarcasm:

Roy is the coach and the person other GMs talk to to discuss trades. All decisions are finalized by Sakic however before they go through. Sherman just manages the Avs cap and serves coffee.

And he organized casual Friday.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
When the cable companies keep you on hold, you become angry.
When you become angry, you stop passing the puck.
When you stop passing the puck, the fans start to hate you.
When the fans start to hate you, they pull string to have you board the wrong plane.
When you board the wrong plane, you fly to Indonesia.
When you fly to Indonisia, you get lost.
When you get lost, you need to get a job to get money.
When you get a job to get money, you become a local fisherman they call John Mitchell.

Don't become a local fisherman they call John Mitchell, switch to Direct TV today.

:laugh:

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Ugh Mitchell.

Is anyone here an airline pilot? Do you have friends that could make sure Mitchell boards the wrong plane and gets lost in Indonesia or something? Nothing too bad for him, but just long enough that he misses another game...

Ok, I get that Mitchell is not perfect and has been overused at points this season....but man, there were times this year that the club would have been in much worse shape without him.

He tends to try to do to much, which sometimes gets him into trouble...but it is his ability to play in almost every situation for short bursts and not look horrible that make him valuable. Yeah, if you regularly ask him to play a top 6 role or on the PP a lot he is going to be exposed.... but he is the type of player all contending teams need in their bottom six, that guy that is best suited to play on the 4th line but that can step up in times of need and play a top 6 role at times. The McLeod-Mitchell-Bords line that started the season was fantastic.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Ok, I get that Mitchell is not perfect and has been overused at points this season....but man, there were times this year that the club would have been in much worse shape without him.

He tends to try to do to much, which sometimes gets him into trouble...but it is his ability to play in almost every situation for short bursts and not look horrible that make him valuable. Yeah, if you regularly ask him to play a top 6 role or on the PP a lot he is going to be exposed.... but he is the type of player all contending teams need in their bottom six, that guy that is best suited to play on the 4th line but that can step up in times of need and play a top 6 role at times. The McLeod-Mitchell-Bords line that started the season was fantastic.

I agree.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I haven't liked Mitchell since he arrived in Denver. I mildly tolerated his play while he was scoring, which is about the only time he does anything of use (the other is when he is successful at playing keepaway on the PK).

But he can't pass, he's missing the net more often than not, he has no on-ice vision to speak of and he often loses the zone because he just skates in circles to the blueline and makes an ill advised dump in that gets blocked.

Every line he plays on (besides the no-skill 4th line) he holds back their potential. At what point do people begin to realize that we're actually better off playing 11 forwards than putting Mitchell in a top 9 role? He can't even be Tyler Arnason bad, he has to create his own John Mitchell category.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I think Mitchell is a perfect 4C for us, problem is he'll get to play on the better lines every time someone gets injured. I think someone perhaps less talented but with half a brain would be better to use instead of him in those situations. Someone who can make a pass before it's too late.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Roy on Sami:

We have a lot of confidence in Aittokallio. He had a really good training camp for us and I think it would be a good time for him to have his first start for us this year. He played really well in L.A. last year. It will be a good challenge for him.

From here

Yzlamic Preacher*

Tampa fan here, just wondering what the story is on Aittokallio? Is he looking to be a good goalie or any real concrete story on him yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad