Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Tampa 1/25/14 7PM ET / 5PM MST: Roy vs Cooper #JACKADAMSRACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 49s
The #Avs have recalled Sami Aittokallio from @monstershockey. JS Giguere listed day-to-day (back). Starter for tomorrow to be determined.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I'm hoping Sami gets the start. Never got to finish his first game and it would be a great opportunity to see where our prospects are in their development.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Varly has been playing a lot and Roy said he was tired the other day so even if Giguere is hurt, Varly should still get the night off IMO.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Did Roy say something about Sami might starting? Read it on twitter.

(Mod feel free to add the puck drop time in the title, I always mess that up when trying to figure out the AM, PM, MT EST etc... )

He said the decision will come down tomorrow and could be between any of the 3. Have a feeling it will be Aitto though.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Aittokallio does play, I hope the team are working their ass off to help him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy said they have to consider putting Varly back in tomorrow night if Giguere can't go. He also said it's possible that Aittokallio might play.

I hope they give Aittokallio a shot. Give Varly the night off and see what the kid can do.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
why are we talking about goalies, shouldn't we all be excited about the return of Johnny Malkin?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Where is everyone who said "Bordy is still an effective player even when he doesn't fight" when we signed him?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I thought Mitchell won't return until Dallas. He's flying in tomorrow. If I had to bet I'd say Varly starts tomorrow. Roy was planning on starting him 7 of the 9 remaining games anyway. If Jiggy feels better he can start some other time this week. I'd like to see what Sami can do but I think Roy is reluctant.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Varly fine today, but what happens after the Olympics? We need to not play him every game.....
What we need is a younger giggy.... If atti is ready lets go... Perhaps he is perhaps not

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
Hey hey people. Bordy had one nice play last night. When he was on the boards and got the puck out with ease despite being squeezed. He made it look easy. Can't remember the last time Malkin made a nice play. Team player with a nice play here or there>selfish jerk with 5 shots a game and no points. Trade Malkin while his value is high!

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Where is everyone who said "Bordy is still an effective player even when he doesn't fight" when we signed him?

He was for a good bit this season. Then something happened.

Let's not pretend like this is the Bordy we extended.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Sorry I didn't see that anywhere. Do you have a link?

I can't seem to find the stuff on Mitchell. Maybe I dreamed it, but I could have sworn I saw that he would join the team today but not play until Dallas.

I know that they plan to give Tanguay the day off. Not sure if that will change if they are forced to. Or if Guinen might come back and Holden will play up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad