Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Rangers - 4/3 @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I don't think Roy wants O'Reilly in the middle. I think he wants him to mentally convert to being a winger since there isn't any center spot on this team.

Seems like the case. Which is a positive because it means Roy wants ROR to be a part of the future of this team. ROR and Duchene's chemistry this season has been amazing to watch. Lots of quick passing between those 2.

Lock him up.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Seems strange to me to be so dead set against moving O'Reilly back to the middle. It's not like it would mess his game up any. But whatever, I don't care if he gets put on D, if O'Reilly is staying, that's all that matters.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Seems strange to me to be so dead set against moving O'Reilly back to the middle. It's not like it would mess his game up any. But whatever, I don't care if he gets put on D, if O'Reilly is staying, that's all that matters.

I was the first one to say it was stupid to move him to wing. His game was so solid up the middle I thought it was a huge waste of his hockey IQ. One thing that it has hurt IMO has been his defensive game. But ROR has been excellent this season, playing above my expectations.

Huis Clos*

With the injuries at various times to Stastny, Duchene and Mitchell the fact Roy has never moved O'Reilly back to center is most telling. Don't think he sees O'Reilly as a center on this team anymore.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
With the injuries at various times to Stastny, Duchene and Mitchell the fact Roy has never moved O'Reilly back to center is most telling. Don't think he sees O'Reilly as a center on this team anymore.

Yeah, I think you're right. I still find that strange though. If anyone on the team had the smarts and versatile game to freely switch between wing and center, it's him.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Why not, is the game blacked out in your area, and you can't find a stream?

063d05dd163d80d8ba7a1847c694bca5b5c9f0a9b0b9a681eae0305a49a3f367.jpg

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Interesting.
Talbot with Bordy and McLeod.

Don't like Bordy on the 3rd, but I like that Cliche is no longer there.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Interesting.

10 minutes of Bordeleau could be very interesting. Anyone remember that game against Detroit where he hammered their defencemen on the forecheck basically every shift? He played 10 minutes and had 8 hits that game. Probably one of his most memorable games.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting.

Whatever separates Bordy and Malone is fine in my book. They're a disaster IMO when out together.

But he's arguably our best winger so that must have something to do with it. At least he's up there with Landy

Maybe so, but depth up the middle is more important than depth on the wings IMO, but whatever, Roy obviously knows what he's doing. I give him credit for thinking outside the box and trying something most coaches wouldn't--there aren't enough coaches in the league who do that. The only ones I'd consider to be "unconventional" of the current crop are Roy, Boudreau, and Vigneault...and maybe Quenneville to a lesser extent.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Roy also told the goalie schedule.

Varly plays tonight, against Blues, Penguins and Nucks.
Jiggy plays Edmonton and Berra plays San Jose.

Ducks game is still in the air. (probably depending on the standings if Jiggy gets his Anaheim farewell or not).

That's what I gathered.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy also told the goalie schedule.

Varly plays tonight, against Blues, Penguins and Nucks.
Jiggy plays Edmonton and Berra plays San Jose.

Ducks game is still in the air. (probably depending on the standings if Jiggy gets his Anaheim farewell or not).

That's what I gathered.

Sounds like Edmonton might by Jiggy's last game and he wants to get him a win. Would be a tough win against SJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad