GDT: Avs vs. Jackets: Finnish Them With Memes! (2pm ET / 12pm MT)

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Is laine more popular then Mikko in finland
He is and probably will be. Merits from the national team carry a long way (not that they were undeserved). But don't get me wrong, I think Mikko is the #2 now. He has overtaken Barkov I think. At least until Brakov gets it done with Florida.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can someone from Finland explain to me why an underachiever and dislikable personality like Laine is more popular than Rants or Barkov?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Can someone from Finland explain to me why an underachiever and dislikable personality like Laine is more popular than Rants or Barkov?
Because
- He's a flashy goalscorer, the first proper one after Selänne
- He won the league championship in his draft year
- He was a big part of those WJC gold medals and played for the Mens National team

That's my opinion as a Finn. While he has flashy suits, he's actually not that loud of a person I think.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Because
- He's a flashy goalscorer, the first proper one after Selänne
- He won the league championship in his draft year
- He was a big part of those WJC gold medals and played for the Mens National team

That's my opinion as a Finn. While he has flashy suits, he's actually not that loud of a person I think.
I'd add to those him competing with Matthews to possibly be the first ever Finnish #1 pick. People were following him closely and he kept exceeding expectations.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'd add to those him competing with Matthews to possibly be the first ever Finnish #1 pick. People were following him closely and he kept exceeding expectations.
Nah, not the same thing with Kakko, and I think Kakko was actually closer to Hughes than Laine was to Matthews. Frankly, a lot has been lost I think. Aside from the suits, Rantanen is the more flashy one of the Finns ATM.

How did Georgie look today btw? Catched some of the third period...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad