GDT: Avs vs Habs in Quebec City Friday 26th September 7.30 PM EDT/5.30 PM MDT ‎( link#67)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There will be some pre-game thing 30 minutes before puck drop.

Aves

O'Reilly Duchene Iginla
Landeskog MacKinnon Tanguay

Stuart EJ?
Hejda Barrie?

Varlamov?

Habes

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Can't wait. I'll be there :)

I'll see Tangs for the first time, and he's my idol since 2001. God, I'm very happy right now.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Wish I could have watched the one last night. I doubt it is archived online anywhere.....is it?

I gotsta find me a stream for tonight's game! I am hoping Everberg finds his way onto the lineup for this game. I'd like to see him play. I think Roy said the Euros would play in both games.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lebrun has an article up about Parenteau/Roy.
I love how all the articles talk about how happy PA is to be traded and that it's a childhood dream playing for the Habs and there is nowhere else he'd rather play.

If that were true maybe he would have signed there as a UFA rather than in Colorado who offered nothing more than a fair contract.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
Lebrun has an article up about Parenteau/Roy.
I love how all the articles talk about how happy PA is to be traded and that it's a childhood dream playing for the Habs and there is nowhere else he'd rather play.

If that were true maybe he would have signed there as a UFA rather than in Colorado who offered nothing more than a fair contract.

Maybe Montreal simply wasn't interested in him at that point?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

As Hench said, there were rumors saying they were very interested. People were surprised at how quickly a deal got done with Colorado and how friendly the deal was since Montreal seemed to be hard after him.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
PAP had a much better situation on Duchy's wing. But Roy changed that when he came in and brought Tanguay here, then Iginla.

So the series of events make sense despite the surrounding background.

FoppaForsberg*

Parenteau thinks he would've beat out ROR, Landeskog, Duchene, MacKinnon, Iggy or Tanguay as a top 6? That's funny.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The guys are walking around next to where I work and it's my day off. :(

bbxUf9h.png

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 2 t
If the Avs were smart, they'd take the ice tonight in Nordiques jerseys. Imagine Quebec reacting to that.

That would be a great idea if we weren't in the middle of trying to get a team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If the Avs were smart, they'd take the ice tonight in Nordiques jerseys. Imagine Quebec reacting to that.

I'm going to a bar to watch the game tonight and I'll be rockng my Nords sweater just in case.

thumb.aspx

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC

IIRC it was pretty well reported that Montreal had an offer on the table.

You're probably right. I was just speculating as I have no doubt PAP was a Canadiens fan growing up.

As Hench said, there were rumors saying they were very interested. People were surprised at how quickly a deal got done with Colorado and how friendly the deal was since Montreal seemed to be hard after him.

As an Habs fan, I can tell you there's ALWAYS a rumor of someone signing with Montreal and you'll never know if a player is interested or the team is until there's an actual signing. We're like the go-to place for rumors. It's pretty annoying as a fan. Want my opinion about PAP signing in Colorado? IF PAP and MTL were interested, my guess is Montréal were not too stoked about either the term or money per year. Now the PAP trade is whole other thing, since we did trade a salary in return.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I can't be the only one that thinks doing this unannounced is just asking for trouble?

It's the Colorado Avalanche, not the Quebec Nordiques. Now... if they advertised it as something like Heritage Night and said the Avs would be paying homage to their franchise origin by wearing Nordiques jerseys with Avalanche crested shoulders, that would be cool.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Are we the home team tonight?

Yes. They are going to wear their regular home jersey IMO. I've no idea why there's a 30 min pregame ceremony though. What are they going to celebrate? They did one with Sakic, Forsberg and Foote in 2002 which was understandable but there's not much left to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad