GDT: Avs vs Habs in Montreal Thursday 25th September 7.30 PM EDT/5.30 PM MDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Such a crazy year for Guenin last year. I feel kind of bad for him. All the big emotional hullaballoo with Roy telling him to buy a house, and him crying and so forth, to basically being out of the lineup. He clearly degraded as the year went on (though was never great to begin with). Get rid of your place Nate!

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Certainly hoping to get a stream of the game tonight to watch.

Everberg on the 4th line with two bums stinks, but he's probably being tested for that role and will get a PK spot tonight as well.

I'm interested in Holden and Barrie together as well.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Such a crazy year for Guenin last year. I feel kind of bad for him. All the big emotional hullaballoo with Roy telling him to buy a house, and him crying and so forth, to basically being out of the lineup. He clearly degraded as the year went on (though was never great to begin with). Get rid of your place Nate!

Maybe Nate can sell his house to Nate?

(Guenin to MacKinnon)

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm rooting for everberg. I hope he has the skill to play at this level. We could use someone of his size that's more than just a face puncher.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I swear we learn more about the AVS when they go to Montreal than when they are in Denver. Too bad that Dater isn't traveling with the team, he could learn a thing or two about hockey journalism.

Good light-hearted article about Talbot replacing Giggy as Mack's "caretaker":

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/prêt-à-devenir-un-joueur-d-impact-1.1348665

Mack is taking care of Talbot's 6-month old baby (feeding him with the baby bottle and stuff) and will teach him English.:laugh:

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I wouldn't be socked to see Everberg and Rendulic switch halfway through to see how each do in different roles.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There is a what I think is 9 minutes of Roy here all in French I believe. If anyone could translate the highlights would be much appreciated.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/les-débuts-de-plusieurs-vétérans-1.1348613

When asked about D, Roy mentioned the top 4 (EJ, Barrie, Holden and Stuart) and then mentioned Wilson, Guenin and Hejda..and said that they'll see about Elliott and Redmond. Not sure if he simply forgot Noreau or didn't mention him on purpose. While he didn't say it directly, it was pretty clear that Hejda is no longer top 4 material.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I swear we learn more about the AVS when they go to Montreal than when they are in Denver. Too bad that Dater isn't traveling with the team, he could learn a thing or two about hockey journalism.

It's so true, I look forward to the Montreal trips for this reason. In the video talking to Duchene (media thread) they were asking him about playing center and what it means to become a defensive center in this league and I'm like what kind of question is that? One that provides an interesting and informative answer?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Roy's presser

Talks about the players excited to play in Montreal and Quebec City.

Briere Missed last few practices due to son being hurt( I think he said while playing hockey ) will practice today.

This year present a good challenge, following on last year's success, but says it's easy to stay humble in the Western Conference, because of the competition.

He hopes the team stays healthy, talks about the team being relatively healthy, except at the end year.

Happy to have added Stuart

The backbone of the defense are Johnson, Barrie and Holden, they really like those 3

Holden was the biggest surprise last year

They are working with Nate to help him build on last year, they know he will get more attention, but Nate is the kind of kid that wants to get better, they are not worried about him, they will give him the room to grow

Focus on remaining even keel, not too high after wins or to low after losses

Pap, Briere trade, no room for PAP in top 6, wanted him to get minutes somewhere else, Briere fits 3rd line role better, heard nothing but good things about briere leadership and locker room presence

Briere to play on PP with Mack

Iginla, perennial 30 goals scorer, brings toughness, front net presence, leadership will play important role in the playoffs.

Funny he corrected himself when he said Stazz was let go, he then said no he quit

Mack from wing to center, period of adaptation

Goal is to make the playoffs in tough West, but want to go further than last year

I might have missed a few things, but that's the gist of it

Ha, Roy is the Spurrier of the NHL. Calls it like he sees it. No coach speak. Love it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How did he exactly say Staz quit? On the team? Or on negotiations?

At first he said that they let him go and then corrected himself and said that he left, he didn't say quit in the sense that he's a quitter.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Good light-hearted article about Talbot replacing Giggy as Mack's "caretaker":

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/prêt-à-devenir-un-joueur-d-impact-1.1348665

Mack is taking care of Talbot's 6-month old baby (feeding him with the baby bottle and stuff) and will teach him English.:laugh:

Well Roy just love talking to the Montreal media cause they treat him like a god here. He talks more than any other coach i've heard. Therrien is just a corporative coach, never says anything of interest, he plays the PR game perfectly, i gather Roy would turn into that at some point if was Habs coach.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
For those of us who don't speak French.

Marc Moser ‏@RadioMoser 15m
Avs fans. We'll try to stream outside of Colorado this preseason. The NHL & radio station don't but we're trying to MacGyver it. Stay tuned.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Roy had people asking him competent questions his pressers would probably be 20 minutes everyday. I listen to everything he says. Pressers, interviews. They never get boring and he gives about 90% of the reported information about the team himself. Roy would never be censored. I understand he'd get more scrutiny in Montreal but I doubt he'd change. He talked for 9 minutes the other day in Denver too.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well Roy just love talking to the Montreal media cause they treat him like a god here. He talks more than any other coach i've heard. Therrien is just a corporative coach, never says anything of interest, he plays the PR game perfectly, i gather Roy would turn into that at some point if was Habs coach.

Tremblay (strange coincidence) was the last remotely exciting Habs coach. Therrien, Julien, Vigneault, Martin...ZZZzzzzzzzzz

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The game is on RDS and everyone is speculating it'll be in French. For those who don't speak French and or live in CO, this may be an option for us to hear the game.

I didn't know the Moser feed wasn't available outside of CO. Since when?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I didn't know the Moser feed wasn't available outside of CO. Since when?

It never has been in the pre-season. Even some regular season games last year weren't available. Heck my brother lives in CO and he wasn't even able to hear the game against the ducks.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Roy is no company man. He does and says whatever he wants. #bosslife

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It never has been in the pre-season. Even some regular season games last year weren't available. Heck my brother lives in CO and he wasn't even able to hear the game against the ducks.

Yeah, I can never get that golden oldies station to work. I actually prefer listening to a few games a year (as opposed to watching them), but that oldies player never loads content for me. Not sure if they still stream from the Avs' site - at least that worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad