GDT: Avs vs Habs in Montreal Thursday 25th September 7.30 PM EDT/5.30 PM MDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Televised on RDS. Streamed on more or less shady sites.

Aves
O’Reilly-Duchene-Rendulic
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Winchester
McLeod-Talbot-Street
Everberg-Cliche-Maggio

Holden-Barrie
Gervais-Guenin
Wilson-Redmond

Berra
Will

Habes
Pac-DD-PAP
Scherbak-Galchenyuk-Gally
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Hudon-Bournival

Emelin-Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver
Drewiske-Pateryn

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The Habs games I've watched a few minutes of in the pre-season has been in French. Sportsnet East/City Montreal has the local English broadcasting rights. No idea if they broadcast pre-season games.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
#Habs tonight:

Pac-DD-PAP
Scherbak-Galchenyuk-Gally
Prust-Malhotra-Weise
Moen-Hudon-Bournival

Emelin-Subban
Beaulieu-Weaver
Drewiske-Pateryn

Price
Budaj

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs Lineup:

O’Reilly-Duchene-Rendulic
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Winchester
McLeod-Talbot-Street
Everberg-Cliche-Maggio (normally a D)

Holden-Barrie
Gervais-Guenin
Wilson-Redmond

Berra
(backup is Will, who is expected to come off the bench)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014/09/25/avalanche-lineup-game-1-two-game-preseason-series-montreal/19481/

Updated.

I guess Everberg got a top 6 shot last game and now it's Rendulic time to get it.

"Roy said Iginla and Tanguay will replace Rendulic and Winchester, respectively, on the top two lines Friday". It makes sense to have a strong team when it's televised by Altitude and when it's in Quebec City.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Updated.

I guess Everberg got a top 6 shot last game and now it's Rendulic time to get it.

"Roy said Iginla and Tanguay will replace Rendulic and Winchester, respectively, on the top two lines Friday". It makes sense to have a strong team when it's televised by Altitude and when it's in Quebec City.

It's Roy's homecoming. He'll want to put on a good show for his Quebec Rempart fans.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
A game is a game. I used to watch games on RDS all the time growing up and I hardly know any French.

Looking forward to tonight. I'm sure we'll see MacKinnon attempt to put on a show.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
A game is a game. I used to watch games on RDS all the time growing up and I hardly know any French.

Looking forward to tonight. I'm sure we'll see MacKinnon attempt to put on a show.

Oh yes I'll be watching in any language offered. I might see if the Avs radio is actually somewhat synced with it, but I doubt it will be, and if not then french it is :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I wish there was a way to pay to get my TV provider to sell me Altitude instead of paying for Centre Ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

My brother is a Habs fan and watches every game every year. He tells people he's bilingul from watching so much french :laugh:
He's become so comfortable with the commentating that if there's a habs game on an engish channel he will still watch RDS.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
My brother is a Habs fan and watches every game every year. He tells people he's bilingul from watching so much french :laugh:
He's become so comfortable with the commentating that if there's a habs game on an engish channel he will still watch RDS.

Yeah I can see that for sure.

I sometimes enjoy watching the games without commentary or PxP at all. I'm used to watching live games with no commentary though so I guess I like the silence over bad broadcasters.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seriously people, watch the game in French, it's one of the most unique things you'll ever experience in hockey. And the RDS announcers are damn good, you won't have the likes of whiny voices like the Minnesota or Pittsburgh crew. Plus they announce the players names in English. "Subban se débarrassé de la rondelle par Johnson!"

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah I can see that for sure.

I sometimes enjoy watching the games without commentary or PxP at all. I'm used to watching live games with no commentary though so I guess I like the silence over bad broadcasters.

If only it was an option to get game sound only

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Seriously people, watch the game in French, it's one of the most unique things you'll ever experience in hockey. And the RDS announcers are damn good, you won't have the likes of whiny voices like the Minnesota or Pittsburgh crew. Plus they announce the players names in English. "Subban se débarrassé de la rondelle par Johnson!"

How else would the announce names?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I personally love the Avs commentators. I don't think they're great or anything, but it's what i've become comfortable with over the years. Kinda like how most leaf fans love Bob Cole because of HNIC. He's not very good, but he has a household voice that becomes familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad