GDT: Avs vs Ducks. Wed, Oct 2. 7:30 MST l Part II

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I like how everyone is back on the ROR bandwagon after it seemed like a majority were willing to let him go for some draft picks last season. :)

The contract dispute and his annoying father were never going to get in the way of what kind of player he is on the ice. He's our Patrice Bergeron and I'd keeping giving him $6 million a year for a long, long time.

I was down on him last year...but as time has gone on...I started thinking that ROR is the kind of player that really helps you win championships...

If he plays like this all the time...he is worth the money...

Staz played against a tough line last night. The verdict is still out on him.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I don't think it's really fair to criticize Stastny and Landeskog for being "ghosts" considering they had the task of shutting down the Ducks top line, which they did.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry had 0 points. Getzlaf was off his game all night and snapped on Downie. Perry was invisible and the most noteworthy thing he did was try to squirt water until O'Ry told him to back the **** up.

Staz-Landy-Tangs did their job. Excellently, too, mind you.

If those are the "quiet" games we get from them... shutting down the opposition's best line on a consistent basis and still putting up points... then I hope they're all as quiet as a mouse this season.

Fluke

Sep 27, 2009
Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry had 0 points. Getzlaf was off his game all night and snapped on Downie. Perry was invisible and the most noteworthy thing he did was try to squirt water until O'Ry told him to back the **** up.

Staz-Landy-Tangs did their job. Excellently, too, mind you.

If those are the "quiet" games we get from them... shutting down the opposition's best line on a consistent basis and still putting up points... then I hope they're all as quiet as a mouse this season.

Exactly. You know, I can't count how many times you've posted something I thought had to be said only to scroll down and see that you've already got it covered. Just thought you should know TwoPadStack, I appreciate you. :laugh:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I like how everyone is back on the ROR bandwagon after it seemed like a majority were willing to let him go for some draft picks last season. :)

The contract dispute and his annoying father were never going to get in the way of what kind of player he is on the ice. He's our Patrice Bergeron and I'd keeping giving him $6 million a year for a long, long time.

Not all of us *brush shoulders. I never jumped off. I wanted him signed at whatever price. I was more upset at Sherman and the fatso's upstairs. I think myself and TPS were the most vocal supporters of our boy ROR during that dark period.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I've never had a problem with ROR's play; I did have a problem with his negotiating tactics.

I sooo hope that this time around negotiations go smooth.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
I was OK with trading RoR but only for a d-man of similar value. Similar value to me was higher than what anyone wanted to pay for him though.

I am OK with keeping him too, would prefer it actually, but only if he is signed at the price he is worth - which isn't 6.5 million

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Roy made a good point on Lovejoy that I had forgotten about. Lovejoy had a dirty knee to knee hit on Glencross last year.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I've never had a problem with ROR's play; I did have a problem with his negotiating tactics.

I sooo hope that this time around negotiations go smooth.

This. There was a point when it was tough to imagine O'Reilly might have a future with this organization. The way things went on, talking about coaching staff and especially management changes it seems like everything might be fine between player and the club.

Also, obviously the fans were pissed because we could have needed him from the very beginning of last year.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Roy made a good point on Lovejoy that I had forgotten about. Lovejoy had a dirty knee to knee hit on Glencross last year.

I had forgotten about that as well... Both plays he sticks his leg out there a ways...both were intentional imo

Also Downie said in the interviews up on the Avs site today he wasnt really looking for that fight late in the game. He said he kind of got jumped...Ducks are a bunch of *****es

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I was OK with trading RoR but only for a d-man of similar value. Similar value to me was higher than what anyone wanted to pay for him though.

I am OK with keeping him too, would prefer it actually, but only if he is signed at the price he is worth - which isn't 6.5 million

Yeah 6.5 might be too much but remember....he wasnt looking for 6.5...thats just what the offersheet was.

I thought I remembered them saying 4-5 mil which he is definitely worth...if not a more. Our management at the time handled it very poorly.

We wont be able to get him for 4 now...we may have been able to back then...

6.5 is probably too high but if he keeps playing like this...6 wouldnt be out of the question. I would start at 5 as the Avs and see where it goes.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dario Ronzone ‏@DarioinDenver 1m
Skipped through the Avs game again today. When Varly tripped? Total slew foot by Getzlaf.

Finally somebody noticed! I thought I was just going crazy since nobody said anything.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON
Skipped through the Avs game again today. When Varly tripped? Total slew foot by Getzlaf.

Finally somebody noticed! I thought I was just going crazy since nobody said anything.

I was watching the Ducks feed and I wasn't too impressed with the announcers playing that down and saying Varly was diving...

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands

Hmm. Slewfooting a goalie? Can Shanaban get involved or is that too late?

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
I was watching the Ducks feed and I wasn't too impressed with the announcers playing that down and saying Varly was diving...

Yeah, the announcers were pretty bad. Did you know that Roy's whistle is confusing?
That one guy had to bring it up at least 20 times in the first two periods.

As for the game, how did Stastny play in 3rd? Had to stop watching after the 2nd and it seemed like he was pretty invisible.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, the announcers were pretty bad. Did you know that Roy's whistle is confusing?
That one guy had to bring it up at least 20 times in the first two periods.

As for the game, how did Stastny play in 3rd? Had to stop watching after the 2nd and it seemed like he was pretty invisible.

Stastny's line was tasked with stopping Anaheim's only dangerous players, and considering that line was invisible also it shows they did it perfectly, along with Johnson. So yes his line was hard to notice but his play was very important.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So I was browsing cap geek and had a laugh at a team paying Brett Clark $3.5M/year and then I realized it was Avs. I mis-remembered it as us getting him cheap and another idiotic team over-paying. Not quite so. :(

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

So I was browsing cap geek and had a laugh at a team paying Brett Clark $3.5M/year and then I realized it was Avs. I mis-remembered it as us getting him cheap and another idiotic team over-paying. Not quite so. :(

Wait what

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Pretty much the same play on MacKinnon. He's not looking to hit with his shoulder. Neither play did he lean in expecting to hit with is shoulder. He goes straight in with his legs wide, knows he's not gonna hit him flush, so he tries to take him out with any part he can with that wide stance.

To do this to anyone shows a lack of respect to players. To do this to an 18 year old rookie in his first game, shows a complete disregard to any code or respect for players. And they're talking about getting rid of fighting, like a guy like Parros getting unlucky and falling in his face is worse than the amount of cheap shots that will happen because no one respects or fears the opposition anymore.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Pretty much the same play on MacKinnon. He's not looking to hit with his shoulder. Neither play did he lean in expecting to hit with is shoulder. He goes straight in with his legs wide, knows he's not gonna hit him flush, so he tries to take him out with any part he can with that wide stance.

To do this to anyone shows a lack of respect to players. To do this to an 18 year old rookie in his first game, shows a complete disregard to any code or respect for players. And they're talking about getting rid of fighting, like a guy like Parros getting unlucky and falling in his face is worse than the amount of cheap shots that will happen because no one respects or fears the opposition anymore.

Exactly fighting keeps players in check. I do not like fights but they are needed.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I don't get all the "Avs sent out their 4th line in the end to send a message" angst of the Ducks fans. If Bordeleaux had wanted to send a message they had received it loudly and clearly.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I don't get all the "Avs sent out their 4th line in the end to send a message" angst of the Ducks fans. If Bordeleaux had wanted to send a message they had received it loudly and clearly.

Especially since it was Boudreau that sent out his 4th line first. What was Roy supposed to do? Send out MacKinnon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad