GDT: Avs vs. Coyotes | 7 PM | Nov 21 | An Actual GDT

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Yeah, I read this whole thread after watch the game and I felt Landy didnt contribute much offensively, nor did his whole line. But nothing outrageous. Just not a top game. Then I came here and it seemed like every other post had a line saying "landeskog effing sucks today" "landeskog is playing horrible" and it just strucked me, WHY do we feel the need to point it out so much when a 20 year old on our team has a mediocre game?

See "The Panic About Matt Duchene" thread :laugh:

People have such unrealistic expectations for some of these young players some times. Then he will score another goal like the one against WSH and everyone will respond "OMG Landy...best eva...oh captain my captain (etc. etc.)."

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Yeah, I read this whole thread after watch the game and I felt Landy didnt contribute much offensively, nor did his whole line. But nothing outrageous. Just not a top game. Then I came here and it seemed like every other post had a line saying "landeskog effing sucks today" "landeskog is playing horrible" and it just strucked me, WHY do we feel the need to point it out so much when a 20 year old on our team has a mediocre game?

Agree with your post 100%

He wasn't our best player but he still had some great shifts. One in the 3rd sometime where he was everywhere. He had a couple of takeaways as well.

I love Landy. IMO its unrealistic to think that our players are going to be unbelievable EVERY night.

OH BTW...if it was possible to get an assist without touching the puck... he would have assisted on Benoit's goal. He was the screen that prevented Smith from seeing it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well count me among those who criticized Captain Landy's play last night, but nothing beyond "he looked a little off." I didn't read any sort of wholesale excoriations like the kind you're describing, but...it happens I guess.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought Landeskog lost most of his puck battles along the boards, was easily pushed off the puck, and might have been our worst player in the offensive zone last night. Pointing that out has nothing to do with unrealistic expectations of him. He wasn't himself and played a poor game. It happens.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought Landeskog lost most of his puck battles along the boards, was easily pushed off the puck, and might have been our worst player in the offensive zone last night. Pointing that out has nothing to do with unrealistic expectations of him. He wasn't himself and played a poor game. It happens.

Some posters had at least five posts in a row all about Landeskog. Does O'Reilly and Duchene get that treatment when they have an off game?

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site

Agreed. As well, he's had more than his fair share of games like this this year. For a big guy, he loses the puck far too easy. I'm not giving up on him by any means, but he deserves the criticism. He needs to be smarter with the puck and stop turning it over so much in the offensive zone. That said, he's still been quite solid defensively most of the year. Just expect a little better play offensively(not necessarily points).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some posters had at least five posts in a row all about Landeskog. Does O'Reilly and Duchene get that treatment when they have an off game?

I think they get their fair share of criticism.

Agreed. As well, he's had more than his fair share of games like this this year. For a big guy, he loses the puck far too easy. I'm not giving up on him by any means, but he deserves the criticism. He needs to be smarter with the puck and stop turning it over so much in the offensive zone. That said, he's still been quite solid defensively most of the year. Just expect a little better play offensively(not necessarily points).

I was only talking about last night. Overall, I think he has been great. There were a few games early when he was trying to do too much when his line wasn't scoring but that was in early October.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Nope. Especially ROR this year.

Thankfully for Landy (not that he likely sees any of this) the Avs have Mitchell and Talbot to take most of the heat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad